Surely they are not allowed to sell these?

Sponsored Links
I've got visions of a DIYer holding a piece of 4x2 in his left hand and that grinder with the saw blade in his right. Approaches the timber too fast, grinder kicks back and the blade traveling at 100 revs per second, comes back down on his hand and slices his hand off. It shouldn't be legal, and I doubt it is.

Sponsored Links
I've got visions of a DIYer holding a piece of 4x2 in his left hand and that grinder with the saw blade in his right. Approaches the timber too fast, grinder kicks back and the blade traveling at 100 revs per second, comes back down on his hand and slices his hand off. It shouldn't be legal, and I doubt it is.

Then he is not using the tool properly is he.... He could just as easily be holding a chain saw or a circular saw and get exactly the same result
Fact is if you use a properly designed blade for the grinder and for the purpose that the blade was intended and follow the simple safety steps that come with the tools then you will be ok.
It no different from using a super thin steel cutting disc and using it to grind out compo for lead and not expecting Bad **** to happen lol

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

Then he is not using the tool properly is he.... He could just as easily be holding a chain saw or a circular saw and get exactly the same result
Fact is if you use a properly designed blade for the grinder and for the purpose that the blade was intended and follow the simple safety steps that come with the tools then you will be ok.
It no different from using a super thin steel cutting disc and using it to grind out compo for lead and not expecting Bad **** to happen lol

Try brushing your hand across that blade and see what happens. Not legal. Only an idiot would sell one - let alone buy one.

Now show us one from Screwfix or Toolstation. (he won't). Not legal.
They are legal the fact that Screwfix does not sell them is irrelevant

Why don't you check with the company that supply the arbortech blade that posted earlier in the link and ask them for CE Certification number They will be more than happy to tell you what it is LOL and guess what,,,,,,,,,,, You wont :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

No I won't. Why do you think a Skillsaw has an automatic blade protector? Is it a decoration? What do you think it's for? I bet you don't flippin' well know.

They are used in carving mainly for fast and bulk removal of the wood. I have also came across some that use it in hollowing out the bases for seats

Try brushing your hand across that blade and see what happens. Not legal. Only an idiot would sell one - let alone buy one.

PMSL why would I want to do that with any blade that spins,,, Please show me anywhere it states they (The Arbortech Blades are illegal to use )
And I guess yet again that you wont because guess what they are legal

I guess you are the idiot selling them then. Couldn't give a fook who you injure. What a fookin jerk.,

This is one of those times that I agree with you joe.......PS. Don't tell the lads!!!!!!!

No I don't sell them. I don't like them and would not use one . But I can see where somebody could use them.
As for being a Jerk PMSL before spouting off on what you know to be fact perhaps it may be a good idea for you to actually learn what the facts are first.

Instaed of worrying about the saw blades in the grinder why not worry about these in the grinder instead http://www.safequarry.com/pdf/AbrasiveGrinderWheelIncidents.pdf again not using the tools properly

This is one of those times that I agree with you joe.......PS. Don't tell the lads!!!!!!!

PMSL I do think that they should be illegal but I also happen to think Chainsaws should be as well but unfortunately they all perfectly Legal LOL Please do tell Joe :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back