swiftflow 80 not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
Just need some confirmation really and thoughts .
I have a swiftflow 80 combi boiler which is not firing into high when its asked for heat or hot water.
I have done the following checks as I have had previous encounters with this boiler and replaced a few (non gas parts I will add ) myself
So , Fan is running , its a brand new fan as last one failed , it also runs faster on demand.
pilot is lit , and stays lit .
pump is running .
When I op thermostat, I get an increased fan operation , an audible click from I would guess the gas solenoid .
now I have 24vdc at the honeywell 8600n gas valve solenoid , but the boiler does not fire into high mode . So no heating or hot water .
Im suspecting a stuck gas valve, as this is where im lead to . Is there anything else I need to check before forking out getting it replaced ?

And yes im well aware this is an old boiler , and most thoughts may well be , ditch it . But not do-able at this point in time .
Many thanks .

Sponsored Links
It could be the gas valve, but it might be something else.
If it is the valve then your going to need a gas safe engineer to fit it and set it up. If you buy the valve and it's not needed then your gs engineer diagnoses the fault as a blocked sensor or something then your going to be well out of pocket.
Why not just get someone in to trace and repair it as this time you don't know.

You seem to have changed the fan!

But don't you realise that this is part of the gas train and therefore something which should not be touched by a DIYer?

Worse a DIYer should not even be opening the sealed combustion chamber!

Tony

You seem to have changed the fan!

But don't you realise that this is part of the gas train and therefore something which should not be touched by a DIYer?

Worse a DIYer should not even be opening the sealed combustion chamber!

Tony

Hi Tony ,

Yes the fan has been changed , but not by me , it was done by a GS Engineer two months back . Not sure where it says that i did it ?
All was fine afterwards , now i have this problem .
I would never attempt or risk the gas side of the boiler .

Sponsored Links
Call an engineer for HIM to diagnose the fault!

Let HIM buy any parts he says are necessary but don't expect to have to pay for any part which does not fix the boiler.

Otherwise you will get a parts changer who expects you to pay for a succession of new parts until he gets lucky and gets to one which fixes the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back