Switch fuse - Minimum fuse rating

Sponsored Links
Yes it does have 3 holes and the middle one is the CPC of course, I think (someone add a regulation number please)...

And yes there's a hacksaw slot between each hole. Interestingly we had a project some years ago which didn't have slots on 100A incomer tails but demonstrated that it was still OK according to the engineer who handled the project.

And yes there's a hacksaw slot between each hole.
I knew we could rely on you :)
Interestingly we had a project some years ago which didn't have slots on 100A incomer tails but demonstrated that it was still OK according to the engineer who handled the project.
What do you mean by 'demonstrated'? Did he run 100A through the cables for a while to show you what happened (or didn't happen)? - or what?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by 'demonstrated'?
I assume some sort of current was passed or modelling undertaken. I forget the details now.

To be honest it's not something I would think to remember the details of as with me it wouldn't have gone past the design stage like that.

. I have no idea where they would be used.

Cant tell the physical size but they look similar to the ones we use in din rail mounted fuseholders in comercial control panels for fridges and aircon, some of the control fuses can be as low as 6amp maybe lower

Cant tell the physical size but they look similar to the ones we use in din rail mounted fuseholders in comercial control panels for fridges and aircon, some of the control fuses can be as low as 6amp maybe lower
They're pretty big - about 57mm long and 22mm in diameter.

Kind Regards, John

Oh for some reason i thought they were them Gg fuses about 8mm and 13mm :oops:

I think your right they do, but ive only seen them as low as 40 amp, i do more comercial stuff so generally see the even fatter ones that we call "Barrel fuses" or the big "J" fuses

Yes the fatter ones are 30mm (Lawson MF) and I think the one in my cutout may be even larger.

Fuses from other manufacturers are available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back