Switches Help Required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if someone can help me. We have a Boiler and this is plugged in all the time, so i would like this to be connected to something like a cooker switch, so can just knock the switch when i need it off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41499&item=3841754187&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If you see this example, i just want a single socket and a fuse switch so ic can add the plug to it, but you wont see the plug, we want to do this as i'm gonna box the pipes in and the plug and cable will get in the way.

Can anyone recommed something else or will this be okay?

I know i only need max 13amp but cannnot find anything apart from a cooker switch.

And it has to be Chrome

Thanks again

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
why not have an fcu and a socket?

BG950.jpg

I knew i could get something like that, but cannot find it at B & Q just a cooker switch, and it needs to be Chrome

Have you got any links Breezer?

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer, but you cannot get a FSU and a SOCKET on a double switch, this is why i was looking at a cooker switch.

Hightowermark said:
Thanks Breezer, but you cannot get a FSU and a SOCKET on a double switch, this is why i was looking at a cooker switch.
You're starting to lose me...

Earlier on you said:
If you see this example, i just want a single socket and a fuse switch so ic can add the plug to it, but you wont see the plug, we want to do this as i'm gonna box the pipes in and the plug and cable will get in the way.

If you won't see the plug, which gets in the way anyway, why does it matter whether it's a chrome socket or brown bakelite?

Why does the switch for the boiler have to be on the same plate as a socket?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back