Taking possession of something you own.

A 33% increase in 17 years.

But what has the value of the property increased by?
Mentioned earlier in the thread.

Bought for 75k, would sell now for between 80-85k.

Next question ...

And remember, LLs are providing a service. Tell me what services haven't increased in cost by at least a third in 17 years, I await the long list.

Sponsored Links
Mentioned earlier in the thread.

Bought for 75k, would sell now for between 80-85k.

Next question ...

And remember, LLs are providing a service. Tell me what services haven't increased in cost by at least a third in 17 years, I await the long list.
He keeps trying for and angle but it isn't working for him, so he will just come back with an insult.

Tenants are often $hites. Friend rented out a house at well below market rent. In the end this did the tenant and friend no favours. When he gave her notice he wanted to sell the house and she had to leave she sat tight with sob stories that she couldn't afford anything else in the area anywhere near her bargain rent - maybe friends fault for giving her such a good deal. Sat tight and took it to court and the lefty judge bought her bs and sob stories that her kid would have to move school. Took a whole year to prise her out.

Note to landlords: don't give tenants a very good deal because it may backfire. Make sure they have the means to pay full market rent.

Sponsored Links
Oh for goodness sake guys, for both 2007 and present day I used the acronym 'pcm' after each monetary value. Ok not everyone will know, however it stands for Per Calendar Month.

So if the rent was 360 pcm in 2007 and 480 pcm present day, and you've already been provided with the value 7.05 ... do the maths ;)

1714106489447.jpeg

;) :ROFLMAO:

What I think you fail to appreciate is that although we are a fair bit younger than you,
If you say so ;)

Thus we have been able to help our kids out, whilst trying not to give them a 'get out of jail free' card as regards to what they do with their own lives...
We helped our daughter out with a decent chunk towards her deposit when she bought her flat and we put aside the same amount for our son for if and when he buys somewhere. I understand his wife’s parents have done the same. That was about 7 years ago and still they are renting. Despite them being reasonably well paid and could afford to buy they say they don't want the 'responsibility' of owning a house. If the heating or washing machine packs up or the roof leaks he just calls the landlord and it’s sorted. Of course, they took the easy, lazy and costly option of an all inclusive wedding package (where our daughter and husband did most of it themselves), leases a sporty car, pays around £80 a month for his Sky/internet package, spends a fortune on baby clothes and toys with another one on the way, likes his toys such as the latest gaming machine or drone, has the latest greatest mobile, have takeaways at least 4 times a week and when Mrs Mottie baby sits for them, she says she never has a day where some useless ****e isn't delivered by Amazon….. Our kids couldn’t be more different in that respect.

Ten years later and we would have been in the trap that most people find themselves in now...
When we moved to our present house in 1990, we paid £105,000 (it first went on the market at £130,00) and the price of houses kept falling and next door, exactly the same house, sold for £72,000 about 2 years later. This was at a time when my work practically dried up. We certainly didn’t enjoy the massive uninterrupted growth in house prices that others saw.

Over 17 years?

Sounds most unlikely.

If true, you need better investment advice.
you do realise that some parts of the country have had massive reductions in prices over the years as well as massive gains and it all depends whether you buy or sell in the peak or the trough .

£5k increase in 17 years? Buuuullllshiiiiít!

What did you do? Throw a few hand grenades in there prior to valuation, lol.
Deary deary me, certainly when it comes to property, you and JohnD have shown yourselves to be not very bright.

I have absolutely no reason to lie.

The property was on at offers over £73k when I bought it, secured for £75k. If I was to put it on the market now, I can assure you the most it would achieve is £85k. Granted, the sale value was £73k not £75k, so if I sold it tomorrow for £85k that would be £12k profit before expenses based on the sale price not what I paid for it.

Similar properties that have been refurbed to a high standard might achieve £85k-£90k, however that's not the bracket mine is in.

You choose to believe me or not, I couldn't really give a ...

you do realise that some parts of the country have had massive reductions in prices over the years as well as massive gains and it all depends whether you buy or sell in the peak or the trough .
People who are misinformed (or just thick) tend to base things on what happens in London or other large cities and towns. As you say, that doesn't reflect what happens everywhere, however some seem unable to grasp that basic fact.

People who are misinformed (or just thick) tend to base things on what happens in London or other large cities and towns.
Christ on a bike, even properties in depressed, shìt hole areas of Stoke have improved better than that.
Where is it - Gaza?
£5K over 17 years, ffs.

Sponsored Links
Back