talk talk bb

B

breezer

acording to the adds its free

"from the idiots who brought you free phone calls"

now my question is this, has anybody actually got it? and if so what it like?

i did read budgies post about 70 & 30 £ cancellation and admin fee, but has anyone really actualy themselves got it?

Sponsored Links
I have had TT BB for a year and have been happy with it as it has caused me no problems.

All b/b providers are excellent when there are no problems, the only discriminating factor then being the degree of contention and the congestion that waxes and wanes with usage patterns.

However, there's a world of difference in the way that you'll get treated when there are problems, and it's this attribute that I recommend you concentrate on when choosing a provider.

For example:

1. Is technical support available 24 hours a day?
2. Is it cheap to telephone them for help?
3. Do they actually get the problem solved, or just abdicate and ask you to re-install the modem software / MS Windows / your microfilters / your telephone line / your entire house?

You can't beat word of mouth recommendations, as in all things. The single fact that Talk Talk charge such a high fee to transfer away would be enough to put them at the bottom of my list, along with such (allegedly) appalling providers such as BT, Wanadoo, Tiscali, UK Online, et al.

You might find this web page interesting:
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp

For example, if you tick the above five companies, and also "Zen", you'll see how far above Zen is rated compared to the rest.

I was going to go with Talk Talk for Broadband until I found out that they had not bought up the exchange where I live and thus would charge me £9.99 for the service.

I had,in anticipation got my MAC code from Wanadoo (You have 1 month to use it).

After a month (about 2 weeks ago) I got a call from Wanadoo saying that "Did I want to stay with wanadoo as they are merging with Orange and will be providing Free broadband as part of a package that they are introducing in the very near future.

So I guess many service providers will have to go down the Talk Talk route to compete - So Hold onto your Hats for the Mo. ;)

Sponsored Links
Doc Lenny said:
So I guess many service providers will have to go down the Talk Talk route to compete - So Hold onto your Hats for the Mo. ;)
I don't see why, unless your only criterion is that of cost.

I prefer to pay something for a service of a known standard and quality - there's no such thing as a free lunch :rolleyes:

Softus said:
Doc Lenny said:
I don't see why, unless your only criterion is that of cost.

I prefer to pay something for a service of a known standard and quality - there's no such thing as a free lunch :rolleyes:

Cost is the main factor, I don't see why I would opt to pay £20 per month broadband just cause the support was better. I agree this is a better option if your business relied on it!! In my experiences broadband is pretty stable and I have never needed to call support for help in the last 3 years. Most problems come from user error or poor hardware/software issued by the Broadband provider. Not too worried about speed either as just surf and get my emails, create the odd website.

Doc Lenny said:
Softus said:

Cost is the main factor, I don't see why I would opt to pay £20 per month broadband just cause the support was better.
I didn't say £20; I said "something". Notwithstanding that, cost is the main factor only for skinflints or fools.

Most problems come from user error or poor hardware/software issued by the Broadband provider.
Minor problems do - the ones that are easy to fix without the help of the SP. but I was referring to the problems that the layman can't diagnose and fix without outside help. A fault at the exchange is an example of such a problem. I get called to many of these and it's got to the point where I'd rather stab myself in the eyes than talk to Wanadoo again.

Sponsored Links
Back