Texecom 48 install....East London

This is probably what most not want to hear on this site, but for me as engineer in the security industry with an NSI gold company its alarming (lol) to see how much Texe product support help the general public.............. On a supposed professional panel, it should be left to the professional installers. The general public wouldn't get any product support for Galaxy, and as thats a professional panel which imo is right.
I e-mailed Honeywell without stating any 'credentials' and I was sent the engineers and programming manuals for a GD-48C no problems.

It's great that the manufacturers are helping out people. The last thing you want is a closed shop where only people in the industry are able to install and service alarm panels. As much as it may hurt you to find out, there's many people not in the security industry who are far more intelligent or capable, or even able to get more out of a system than some of the people who install some of these panels.
Think you'll find if you actually spoke to them, you'll get nothing. For example, there is nothing in any Gal manual about defaulting.....

I dont doubt that there are people out there with more knowledge than some in the industry, thats a given, but what i do object to is 'have a go's' who really haven't a clue about how the systems work etc.......

I presume all these capable people know what they are testing for on a service, and are installing to the current BSEN standards? In my experience with fixing the **** ups, its appears not ;)

Sponsored Links
I presume all these capable people know what they are testing for on a service, and are installing to the current BSEN standards? In my experience with fixing the **** ups, its appears not ;)
I don't really see your problem here.

They are DIY.
BSEN does not come into it.

AND you're making money by, your words, "fixing the **** ups".

I suggest if you have a problem in helping out in a DIY forum you go back to TSI and stay away from here.

Well guys, this has been a thoroughly interesting topic from start to finish. Not sure I understood some of it though :LOL: but I'll be in at the deep end next week as I have a Premier 48-W Ricochet system to install to replace my ageing Excel system. Although I won't have any comms added to mine so should go a bit smoother hopefully.

It's great to see members willing to spend time helping those out that need it. I know these things are probably best installed by those who know what they are doing but you can learn so much by diy.

Speak soon....probably :LOL:

John

I've only read the last few posts, but could you tell me what TSI means ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back