Texecom 48 install....East London

OK so i spoke with Tazer today, thoroughly nice chap.

New expander had arrived and still showed the same symptoms, now i have to admit that both myself, and our Tech Support guys had overlooked a couple of things.

First, you have to tell Wintex to send/receive Radio Data when you set up the profile, now that's done all devices show under radio expander as they should.

This i have to admit was my fault, and i did not check it, so apologies. :oops:

Secondly Tech support had told Tazer to refit the jumper to the reed switch pins after the devices had been learned, the effect of this is to disable the reed switch, hence they would not work. So a failing of our Tech Support guys, who should have picked this up.

And lastly the programming has now been changed to One area, with a part set, this should suit the installation and Tazers requirements, fingers crossed its all good to go and will now work as expected.

Sponsored Links
Hi Adrian

Thanks for all the help, after so many months I feel more comfortable that we now have a working system. I guess its better calling you rather then Tech Support :D within in mins got the system working

The other thing you need to do is a receive page for the wireless items to show and its worth while doing this to all pages and then working on wintex.

As Adrian saw there were a number of inconsistencies when I downloaded the pages from the panel.

I think at the moment one of magnetic contacts may be faulty as its constantly showing Reed error (will give you a shout tomorrow Adrian to double check it)

Other then that everything looks good and glad it now works.

I've currently set the alarm.....opened the door and WOW I can hear sound bells.

Also Adrian, its probably worth while mentioning this in the Manual in regards to the reed switch as Im pretty sure its not in there.

Sponsored Links
By all means give me a call tomorrow, just check the position of the magnet in relation to the reed switch, and the distance the magnet is from the reed switch, should be no more than 20mm MAX.

Just want to keep this post updated for the benefit of others who may have similar issues.

Yeah big OOPS, but hey at least i am man enough to admit where we were wrong, no point trying to fudge it, just own up, sort the issue, and make sure everyone is happy.

At the end of the day all i want is for Tazers alarm to do exactly what he wants.

True,know of one tech that would not even have entertained the questions let alone admit an error.

Fair play to you for that.

have been following this since its inception of the forum.
its good to have such a learned person here to sort this out, and admit when a foul up occurs.

so it fully shows that this site does work!
and the engineers here are here to help!

thanks for the information posted here and for one of the longest running pots here on the alarm side of the forum (other than flame wars)

Oasis

PS
i still think i will stick with Galaxy tho, just personal but i like em!!
but Texecom RKP`s are very nice looking!

TBH its been really excellent here on this forum. Without I would have been lost and pretty much not had a clue what to do.

Pretty much learnt everything from here.

Tested the alarm and so far so good, no problems besides the credit running out the pay as you go sim card :LOL:

Also need to check one door contact other than that I do have one fully functional system which Im pretty happy about.

Once again have to thank all you guys esp Adrian for his final touches to get the system working.

As I said not my staple panel either.
All my "help" was from the book of words and a small play with one a while back.

Meeting Adrian helped as we were able to use a "virtual panel" so I could see somethings not obvious.

All noted in noodle for future reference.

Again Adrian is a breath of fresh air where manufacturers are concerned, upfront and honest is a fairly new one compared to some!
Glad we had the chance to meet finally and have a quick chat, apreciate you were busy, but you took time out. Respect.

My turn to buy the beer next time. ( and I know yours was on company expences :p)

Hi All/ Adrian

Im back again.

Alarm is all up and running with the help of Adrian. As previously mentioned had one small issue with the wireless magnetic door contact on the 2nd main door.

Had abit of time today to mess around with the system and still cant get it to work.

The error Im getting is Input 1 error. Not sure what to do or how to close this option out. The manual says:

The device connected to Input 1 is active - Remove the source of the activation

How do I do that?.......

Thanks

Hi Alarm

Not sure what you mean by that.....

The other 3 wireless items are all Ok and working fine. Just this one particular wireless door mag seems to be the issue.

I have actually swapped this out for new unit....same prob

Removed it and re-learnt the device still the same prob.

As before, using the book of words for this.
Have you tried isolating the zone to set? Would prove its the zone.

Is there a 8XP expander fitted?
That has the input possibly mentioned. A hard neg to it would clear the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back