Texecom 48 install....East London

how long are you leaving the wirless items after setting system before activating them as some wirless equipment have a settle time i think ive had the same issue. ?

Sponsored Links
If I may be cheeky and jump in here for advice please, without hijacking the thread.

I have been following this thread and have settled on the following system components, but need compatibility advice and probably some install help eventually :oops:

Texecom Premier 24-640 Zone Control Panel

Texecom Ricochet 8XP-W 8 Zone Expander

Texecom Ricochet Impaq Contact-W Wireless Contact X 2

Texecom Premier Elite RKP

Texecom Odyssey 3E 109db External Sounder

Prestige Quad Element Digital PIR X 5

Prestige Dual Technology Digital Detector X 1 (kitchen)

I have not selected a supplier yet but will need to ensure the supplier also provides installation manuals. Can anyone advise which suppliers provide installation manuals?

The reason for the wireless expander is because I have no way of hard wiring the doors. All the rest will be hard wired.

I have two RKP points prewired in the house and all other wiring is done. Will the wireless expander enable me to arm the system from a remote fob or do I have to use the RKP as it is part hard wired?

Hi Sparkymarka

As its testing, the part alarm is switched on and then door is open within a couple of mins. The longest is probably 5mins or so.

Ive now set the alarm and will give it say 30-40 odd mins and see what happens.

Hi Billybonga
The system looks pretty good. I know when I was looking alot of people recommended the Premier 48 panel rather then the 24. Makes sense if you intend to uprgade or add modules later. Also the 48 panel is meant to be a better panel, easier to programme. Havent had experience of the 24....
In regards to the manual you can download most of the manuals from the net, just do a quick google on the panel followed by the word "installation manual"

Sponsored Links
Hi Tazer<

I am at an exhibition this week that is why my post ar sporadic, howver i am willing to PM you my mobile number and talk you through, this, i am happy to update the thread for the benefit of others afterwards, but i just want to get you sorted, i beleive i know whats wrong, but talking on the phone i think will be easier, let me know if you want to do this.

Alternativly call tech support again, something is not right, the expander should now show in Wintex as a radio expander.

Hi Guys,

Same old same prob. Left the system Part armed for 30-40mins, opened the door and still nothing.

Amazing how a small thing like this has taken over everything. Last piece left to sort out on the alarm.....

Thanks Adrian, that would be excellent. If your in London then Im more the happy to hire you for the job.....getting to that stage now when you want everything finished.

I will give texecom another call tomorrow afternoon and see what else they can suggest, other then that it will probably be you Adrian solving the problem.

Do any of you guys have a similar system up and running which is a mixture of wireless and wired by Texecom or other venders?

Tazer, met Adrian today at the show ( Cheers for the beer m8).
Can you ring tech and tell them the software version of wintex, this could be the issue. Adrian did say he had posted this but he was busy.

Hi Alarm

Not a prob, will do.

I have upgraded the Wintex software to the latest build which is 5.5 build 7.

Still experiencing the same probs.

Ahh, that is the latest build on thier website.

I`ll leave it to Adrian then.

Hi All

Another day another attempt.

Rang up Texecom today and not much help, totaly baffled on why its not working. Put the system into walktest mode from the keypad and no response from any of the wireless items. Guy goes he really hasn't a clue what else could be wrong with the item.

I guess the only other left to do now is exchange the item for another one and see if it makes a difference.

Will kick start the process tomorrow now. So probably going take another week or so to sort out.

Hi Tazer,

back from the xpo now, i spoke today with our chief design engineer, basically the guy that looks after Ricochet, he could not understand it either, so we can only think that the expander is faulty, something wrong with the software in it, as it lets you learn devices, however it is clearly not communicating with the panel properly.

Suggest you get another expander and take it from there, i will PM you my number tomorrow as promised, just want to have a chat.

Thanks Adrain.

Ive ordered the new panel, they said it will take abit of time as none in stock. Once received I will then send the faulty one back.

When I do the new install is it worth removing all devices and then relearning them.

Also do I just put it into commision mode i.e. switch 3

or do I put switch 1 and 2, hit learn switch on 32XP, let the lights flash, switch of 1 and 2 and learn devices.

Hi Adrian

No it's just the wireless expander. I guess that's where the main issue is as the panel seems to be working fine.

If the same problem persists then I will get the panel changed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back