Texecom 48 install....East London

OK Tazer, here we go.

The Radio expander is not addressed, and as such the system knows it has something but is assuming a Wired expander. on the Address switch turn 1 on.

Go into engineers, Engineers Utilities Confirm Devices. Follow the instructions on screen, it should say you have 1 expander and 2 keypads. By the way the keypads also need to be addressed, you should have 1 on 1 and i on 2.

Do that and post a screenshot again of the Radio expander tab.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for getting back to me Adrian 6am Sunday morning :LOL:

Ok Ive been playing around with the system since half 8 this morning and I still cant get anything populated under expander options.

Ive carried out the tasks you mentioned Adrian

1: Opened Wireless Expander and switched on Address 1.

2: Went to Enginers Utils and confirmed devices - yes to confirm and status show

3: Checked signal quality and everything seems to be fine from that aspect

4: Checked Status of Keypads and Expanders. Keypad 1 is on address 1000 and keypad 2 is on 0100

The other thing is I checked the Options menu under A. Is there anything I need to set in there as I dont feel confident that its right, seems to be things are missing

OK in the panel delete all of the radio devices and relearn them, lets see if they appear. When you have deleted them come out of engineers and then go back in.

On you options screen, unless you have a specific requirement uncheck all areas for Anti Code Reset.

Hi Adrain

Sorry dude, tried it again and still the same problem nothing being populated under Expander Options

1: Deleted all wirless devices by going into the keypad, configure radio -> yes -> reset button which deletes the device. Removed all devices

2: Logged out of the system and logged off engineer

3: Opened 32-XP and put dip switch on 3 into commision mode

4: releart all devices and assigned a zone i.e. 9, 10, 11 and 12

5: connecect to wintex, made a connection to the panel and still nothing populated.

6: Set alarm back on for Zone A and nothing happens, alarm is on but you can open doors etc alarm will not go off.

hmmmm there is nothing else in the manuals in terms of what to do and how to populate the expander options.

Sponsored Links
Going back to your pictures where you showed the wireless expander, what cable is that for the network connection, it looks like telephone cable?

Hi Adrian

That's a cat6 network cable which I've used through out the house. That's connect to the comIP for the wireless expander.

Ok so you have that connected to the network input on the panel the same as the two keypads yes? If so how have you wired, star, daisy chain or just chopped in somewhere? And have you checked you have the T+R connected the same in all cases?

Adrian,
Is the network pair on these panels differential signals or single ended transmit & receive?

Thanks.

Hi aptsys, there are some things i like to think i know, and others where i am completely blonde, you have just asked me a blonde question, can you expand on what you are asking please.

Hi Adrian

Sorry, yes that was an old telephone cable that I had which I used as I had run out of alarm cable.

Ok I now went to the local shops and purchased some alarm cabling wire and re-ran that cable.

Wired it back into the panel under Network were both keypads are also wired in.

Reset everything and powered on the panel.
Opened wintex and still nothing showing under the options for the expander.

Seems to be a weird one as Ive pretty much have carried out all tasks that are described in the manual.

Sorry the other question was about cabling.

Both Keypads and Expander have dedicated cables running to it directly from the Panel. No chopping into or daisy chaining. Direct cables for all 3 items.

You seem to have colour cross overs on the panel.

Yes, and can you confirm you powered down completely before running new cable, and then confirmed devices again, and that you are using the keypad to learn devices, and not Ricochet Monitor software.

Yes system was powered down completely including back up battery.

Ran new cable, it looks like cables are crossed there not, colour of new cabling and I have made sure it's the same on the expander.

Once powered back up, deleted old devices and releanrt everything again a well a confirming expander and keypad devices.

From previous post are you adding and deleting devices via the keypad, i think you are but i am just checking.

I think we should try defaulting the panel completely and starting again, you have the manual for the panel yes? In which case follow instructions to load defaults, delete anything to do with the wireless in your Wintex account, then confirm devices, then load your Wintex programming, then learn wireless devices again.

I have a nasty feeling either the panel or the wireless expander are faulty, but hard to tell at this point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back