Texecom 48 install....East London

aptsys is correct you cannot have multiple the same zone for multiple devices, when you learn Ricochet devices they need to be mapped to a zone on the panel NOT being used by a hardwired device.

Regarding the Ricochet monitor issue, the bars for Signal Security will only show when the expander is in commission mode, to do this you need to be in engineering, and have the tamper off the expander open.

The arming issue is as stated for area A the system is expecting an exit circuit to be opened before setting, either change it to timed exit for Area A or for testing as suggested you can use the Instant Arm option.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback

Ok, Ive now changed the settings to Instant Alarm and also Ive put all the wireless items into Zone 1 where as before 3 Door contacts was on Zone 1 and one wireless PIR on zone 2 same as the other hard wired items.

This has now been moved to all Zone 1.

Tested the system, it now works :D

BUT

The only problem now is Zone A not Alarms itself. But for example when you open the door, the Alarm doesnt go off...

Also on the Alarm key fob, how do I set up Part Alarm. At the moment when you press the Part Alarm button it arms itself as Full Arm.

Nearly there, probably a few more tweaks and should be up and running.

and also Ive put all the wireless items into Zone 1

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=258450&start=90#ixzz1ME4wTxqz

as previously stated you CANNOT have multiple devices mapped to one zone. This gets confusing and unless all devices change state at the same time, you will get no response, or the wrong response from the panel. Especially with wireless. Multiple wired devices can be mapped to a single zone, however the type of wiring used and the method used will depend on how you want the system to respond when either one or a multiple of those devices are activated.

You are using confusing statements in your last post, such as Zone 1 and Zone A, i assume you mean AREA a and Zone 1.

You need to treat the system as a hierarchy, these are the levels to use going top down

SYSTEM = The whole alarm system combining all of the AREAS

AREAS = Parts of the SYSTEM that contain one or more ZONES

ZONES = Components of an AREA made up usually of single DEVICES (could be multiple contacts or shock sensors but this gets complicated)

DEVICES = PIR, Contacts, Shock Sensors etc.... Assigned or Mapped to a ZONE and ideally one AREA.

Can you provide a drawing of the property layout detailing where each DEVICE is, where your entry/exit routes are, and how many AREAS and which rooms you want in those areas.

Can you provide a drawing of the property layout detailing where each DEVICE is, where your entry/exit routes are, and how many AREAS and which rooms you want in those areas.

...So that we can break in ;)

Sponsored Links
Lol no address, I was even going to through a set of spare keys under the mat :p

Ok here we go, Heres a rough sketch of the ground floor

1st floor hall way landing

2nd floor landing.

I have all the wireless items 3x Door contacts and 1x PIR mapped to Area A

Area B is all of ground floor, i.e. Hallway, Front room, Lounge, Dining room and Kitchen

Area C 1st floor landing

Area D 2nd floor landing.

In terms of Zones on the Panel

This confirms all devices are in a separate zone and then mapped to a specific area.

Problem Im having now is Area A part arms iteself which is good news considering previously I was getting one continuos beep. Problem now is nothing happens, alarm doesnt go off when the door opens....

Hi Tazer,

thanks for that, will take me a bit to look through it, just bare with me having a bit of a Friday evening with the kids, and trying to help someone out with an IP issue on an alarm system, sorry to be a pain but what are the entry routes and where are the keypads?

No a prob Adrian, apprecaite all the help.

Main entry point is only at the front of the house which is the main door, near the bay window side

The storage door is abit deciving, you do have to come into the main door first then enter throgh the 2nd door to get to the storage place.

Garden door, no access from sides or back of the house.

Keypads are one on the ground floor near the main door and 2nd one is on the first floor near the bedrooms

OK Tazer, going for another beer and me tea, will come back to you tomorrow, think i have it sussed.

Just remember tazer................
Assisted all I could but Adrian is the man!!!

God that sounds sad :D

Ok Tazer,

need some more info please.

Press Menu 4 on your keypad and tell me what version of panel you have 8. something.

Second on the Wireless expander i need to know the position of each dip switch, both the address switches, and the option switches.

Also on the Expander tab in Wintex can you go to the Radio Expander tab and take a screenshot.

Of out for the day, will come back to it later.

Morning All

Alarm - Well you gave me the guidance for the actual installation which was very greatful

Adrian - Final touches to the system, once finished should have a proper working Alarm system :D

Panel Version:
I have the Premier 48 version 8.17

Wireless Expander:
dip Switch for Address is 0000

Options switch everything set to 0000

Expander Options

To me the zones are not mapped. Let alone programmed into the radio expander.

Hmmm

Thats strange cause on the keypad it tells me that for example the first door contact is mapped to Zone 9

Not sure what else Im suppose to do in wintex as I cant seem to see any other options........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back