Texecom 48 install....East London

Shame, normally Texe are the better for tech support.
I do know one of their guys frequents here occasionally, perhaps he will see this.

As long as you have the reciepts they are obliged to replace or test and repair the part, normal consumer rights.

Sponsored Links
Hi Alarm

Looks like Ive still got the same problem with the new GSM unit. I got the new one delivered on Friday and decided to install it. Once fitted, same thing I still get the same error messages Com2 Fault, ATS error.

With the signal strength I still get -113.

I called up texe on Friday and this time the guy goes, its the aerial its not powerful enough. Go to Maplins and buy a new GSM antenna which has more power which I thought was absurd. Considering I have full reception in the location where the Alarm is, dangled the old GSM aerial out the window so I know I have full reception, I still get the same problem which ever sim card I put in there.

Went Maplins over the weekend and they dont sell any GSM antennas with the small SMA connector so not sure what to do now.

Any suggestions.........

Catch 22 here with a GSM extended aerial. They actually lose a few dB of gain if they do not get enough signal. Off hand -113 sounds okay, worst I had was on a RED/GSM with -95.
So scratch that idea.
Try reconfiguring the system, and do a power recycle see if that helps.

You did remove all power when fitting?
You have told Comm port two that item 7 is attached?
ATS error is not in the log files in manual, hmmmm.

Do a system Confirm Devices to see if the panel sees the device.

Try that lot to start with.

Hi Alarm

Yes, everytime any change was made to the GSM modem, the panel including the battery were all disconnected. Also when I disconnected the old unit and plug in the new complete unit, power supply and battery lead was taken out. Once connected, pressed the kick start button, restored mains power and closed the lid.

Keypad, reset the pad with the error messages such as lid tamper, mains power.

I spoke with Texecom again yesterday firstly they said we dont support end users and the panel needs to be installed by their installers. Then he checked a few settings in wintex just to make sure the GSM was enabled, ARC settings were correct, Com2 was GSM and Buad rate set to 2400. Disabled the GSM then re-enabled it. Same error message.

Finally he said buy yourself a new stronger GSM antenna and try that as the ones which come with this unit are fairly poor.

So if thats the case why sell them, just annoys me how easy its to say buy a new antenna.

Sponsored Links
Ello again, put the kettle on i`ll be over in a tic!

Good afternoon, ( in case your wondering why i`m so cheerful got a physiotherapy appointment in a bit and trying to boost myself up before I meet "The mistress of pain" as I call her!).

That antenna looks promising, might get one myself to check with. Just be aware you will not get 12db gian, but should get something workable. Out of intrest what did they say is a decent signal? That would be handy to know.

As for tech, yes the prem is a "installers" panel, if you had a Veritas they would assist. Your lucky you never bought a Honeywell Galaxy, they even hang up on registered installers! Thats if you can also understand the Jock accents :D.

Sounds like your doing everything correctly TBH.
Tip for the antenna, high as poss and away from any metal. Not knowing your property I have no idea but some newer build use foil backed plasterboard and this in effect creates a Faraday Cage. Where signals are shielded. Again without knowing the best DB this is guesswork.

Keep up the good work and let us know how its going.

Lol :D

They said a good signal is about -90 -95 but anything that ranges from I think he said -13

I have a semi victorian. The currnet panel is in the side extension with no metal interferance. Also the antenna does go out the window which ive left to dangle and test. Still nothing seems to be stuck on -113.

Ok cool, I will purchase one of those antennas and see how I get a lot. Just frustrating in not getting proper support as well as getting the damn thing to work.

Best of luck with the Mistress of Pain :p

Hi All,

Just a quick update, got the new antenna come through yesterday, had a quick play around with it and still no joy. Seems to be stuck on -113 and not moving at all.

Will try again over the weekend with different sim cards to see if that makes a difference or not.

Dont know what else I can do.....

Had this once in a old grade 2 squires country home.
Even with other sims it failed.
Ended up going IP with landline. Not the best.
You can get black spots get the service providor to give you a signal test.
Or they may be links on their web pages.

Physio was painful and no progress, hope its not another op.

Hi All,

Im back again. Been a while had to finish of the renovations around the house and put the alram install on hold. Now that the house is finally done Ive gone back to the Alarm project to get this finalised.

Ok here is where I am at now.....

Ive managed to sort the issue out with the GSM module. After trying out so many sims, I purchased a new O2 sim, popped it in, hey presto after 5mins or the value from -113 dropped to -61 and I started to get a hole bunch of text messages come through ;) Tried the Orange and T-Mobile sim again doest seem to like it. O2 and it started working again so finally the GSM module is up and running :p

On the Richochet, I registered the Magnetic door contacts x3 and one wireless PIR for the outroom and 4 wireless remotes. All registered, closed the Wirless Expander, tested all walk throughs etc and everything seems to work.

Now the problem I have is when I set the part alarm on to Zone A which is all wireless magnetic door contacts, I get one continous alarm sound from the keypad and nothing happens.

If I set the full alram on everything except Zone A works so not sure what Im doing wrong there.

Also on the wilress key remote, Full alarm sets except Zone A and when I press the part Alarm again rather then just doing Zone A it tries to do a Full Alarm again.

Where do I set this in Wintex on what the remote should be doing?

Also not sure what Im doing wrong on the Part Set alarm for Zone A and why it doest set. Any ideas?

Thanks

Welcome back!

Well the only thing that stands out is have you assigned the zones and mapped correctly?
Have you checked the setting/arming features of each group?

When you say you get one continuous alarm sound, do you mean you get the exit tone? I think the default is for areas to arm on final exit, so it won't arm until you've opened and closed the final exit contact. You may want to set it up for timed exit, if that is no good for you.

Hi Alarm,

Yeah, I have been playing around with the Zone menus trying to get this sorted and checked and unchecked loads of options.

Everytime Ive changed something Ive tested the Zone A (Main doors) out and again nothing....just a continous buzzing alarming sound and nothing happens

Ive attached some pics on what the current setting is on

And this is the current state of play on the wireless Richochet itmes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back