Texecom 48 install....East London

Hi Adrain

Yes everything is done via the Keypad

Yes I have the manual. Before I load defualts to I disconnet the Wireless Expander, once everything is loaded and working, then install the wirelss expander and configure that.

Or is it OK to default everything while the wireless expander is connected.

The Richochet monitor software is very basic, I only use that once the item has been learnt by the keypad.

Ok will get the system ready for tomorrow and start from fresh. Fingers crossed this should work.

Sponsored Links
You can leave the expander connected as long as you do the confirm devices when the panel comes back up.

I am going to be away all week with limited access to internet etc.. so please bare with me, hopefully it will solve the issues.

hi just been reading your problems with the texecom wirless expander one thing i noticed on the wintex expander screen shot print out was the expander voltage was showing 21 VOLTS thats not correct ! !

Hi Adrain,

Thanks for all your help this weekend. Will give it a shot over the week and let you know how I get on.

Hi SparkyMarka,

Ive rechecked and Im still getting 21.42 volts, what should this be and how do I get the correct voltage?

Power is coming directly from the Premier Panel so I dont have any control on this do I?

Sponsored Links
Got a test meter, thats a bit high.
Could be Adrian`s right and you have a duff panel. Could explain other issues you have had.

Hi Guys

Sorry to be pain, just been doing some further reading in the main manual and came across this on page 29

Expander
Expander does not operate at all
• Check that the expander is wired correctly from the
control panel (see page 13 for wiring details)
• Check the network fuses F3 and F5 and replace if blown
System does not recognise zones
• If the expander is on a long cable run, check the voltage
between the + and – terminals at the expander and
ensure that it measures no less than 10.0V

Im currenty getting 21v which Ive reconfirmed via the keypad

Reading it myself, agree on what you say.
But 21 is just too high for any panel I have ever used.
Lower threshold is for another reason.

hi have you got an external power supply ? also your ip comm disconnect and re check voltage hoiw many batteries have you got connected to panel ? never seen the voltage higher than 14v i know less 10v may cause problems first tell tale problem is fobs not working on prox keypads

Definitely test the voltage to the expander! Although I suspect the problem is confined to the expander as it has a local regulator on board, so you'll probably just read 12V at the input. Or the voltage reference for the ADC has gone low from a bad joint or something shorting on the board making it read a false high voltage.

Hi All

Thanks for the input. Will pop down to the shops and buy a new meter, previous one probably thrown out due to the refurb.

I have one main battery which I think is a 12V battery. The mains supply to the alarm is a dedicated power cable directly from the Fuse box sitting on a 6 amp fuse. So from that perspective no other connections on this line of power.

In regards to the Remote fobs, there is 4 connected but not used at the moment, only configured under devices.

Will let you guys know how I get on shortly.

Thanks

Hi All

Ok, managed to test all items starting off with the Expander. Expander is showing me 12.94 volts. So now, I really dont what is going on and why wintex as well as the keypad is showing me incorrect readings.

I then tested everything with the multimeter:

Wireless 32XP Expander:

Keypad 1

Keypad 2

Panel 48 - Mains and battery back up

Panel 48 - Battery back up.

Rechecked the Keypad and the voltage for the expander is still showing 21volts.

At this stage I thought I might as well reset the panel to factory defaults so followed the instructions on how to do this. Carried out the basic tests as described in the manual.

Once testing was complete I went through the basics such as Confirming devices, enabling the ComIP etc. Got this onto the net work and then started a new Wintex account.

Got this configured back to how it was then decided it time to connect the wireless items.

Put the expander into commision mode dips 0010.
Relearnt all devices
Wintex diagnostics confirmed all items
Still no items show under Expander Options
Configured Area A for all wireless items, tried to part arm the system, this time nothing happens, the alarm doesn't come on, the screen menu defaults back to the time/day

Tried to part alarm the system with the remote fob, same thing nothing happens.

Not sure what else I can do.......... starting to get really annoying. Spent most of the afternoon and evening looking into this.......

Sounds like the expander is faulty. Before you send it back, just do a visual of the front and back of the PCB to make sure there's no small strands of wire shorting something out.

Nice keypad :)

OK i now know what the issue is, please tell me what version of Wintex you are running, it shiouyld be 5.6 or later. If not that is what is causing this fault

Hi All,

Been battling all morning trying to work out whats going on.

After playing around this morning decided to call texecom support. Excellent guy who guided me through the following changes

So...the Wintex version I have is 5.5 build 5. Thats the problem for showing incorrect readings for the voltage. Secondly the Expander Options will never be populated as it was for the old Radio Plus items not richochet.

The guy told me to delete all wireless devices. Open the Expander put dip switch 1 & 2 on and the press learn button. Once buttons started flashing turn 1&2 off.

Then went back to main keypad to learn all devices so opened the first mag contact, took jumper off reed and put it on learn, battery back in and learnt the device. Did the for all items.

As its still in commision mode, had to wait about 30 odd mins to let it get back to its normal self.

Upgraded wintex software to version 7. Hey presto voltage is now showing the correct valve

Again nothing shown under Expander options.
Tried the Part Alarm set on Zone A which has all wireless items.....and.......

NO LUCK, same prob. It Alarms itself but when you open the door, nothing happens......... :(

Atleast we managed to sort the voltage issue out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back