Texecom Comwifi reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post on this site

My query relates to a Texecom Comwifi module, on the initial module setup to retrieve its MAC address, I appear to have made an error whilst changing the password & username , maybe due to a typo and now can't access its settings again.

Is there away to reset the module to it's factory settings? if so how or is it now worthless?

Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Hi secureiam,

Could you advise how to do that please

Thanks

You need to refer to the chip manufacturers manual to reset the wifi unit, that can be found online resetting the unit you do at your own risk.

Sponsored Links
Look up the chip manufacturers manual, this will give you a diagram of the pin numbers, you then short the reset pin to ground pin, be careful not to short the wrong pins, this will reset to factory defaults.

Hello, where can I find this chip manufacturers manual? I was trying to ask it for Texecom but they newer heard about it before :/

have a look at the ComWifi module, you will see that the chip manufacturer is USR, if I recall correctly, its not something you'll get from Texecom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back