Texecom garage

V0Y

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Ran a search on these forums but not found anything recent. I am considering a Texecom alarm and the dilemma i have is I have a garage that will be used as a point of entry (along with the front door). Lets assume keypad is located beside the front door

If entering the house via the front door, the internal buzzer rings and i have enough time to enter the code and disarm the system

If entering the house via the garage, i would remotely open the garage door, wait for it to fully open then drive the car in. Exit the car, go through a locked door and then get to the keypad and enter the code. Issue here is this is a time consuming process as a PIR in the garage would get triggered as soon as the garage door begins to open. This doesn't leave me with enough time to drive in, get out the car and get to the keypad.

I wanted to know if there was a way of having 2 separate entry times? So if entering via the front door, i have maybe 30seconds to enter the code. But if entering via the garage i have maybe 5 minutes to enter the code. I've spoken to a local supplier who is quite knowledgeable on this and he was struggling to see a way to make this work. He mentioned a 2nd keypad in the garage to shorten the time taken to enter the code but this means extending the entry time long enough to accommodate entry via the garage (which in turn means entry via the front door would have the same extended entry time)

Has anyone done something similar or have any creative ideas that would help in this scenario?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
What Texecom model.

Texecom elite has 2nd entry timer.
Install contact on garage door ,make both front door and garage door final door set.
Program 2nd entry timer for garage door with long delay.This will allow you to get in and out of your car when using the electric door.
You can not use a pir with final door set function.
This is a common scenario with integral garage doors.Most people have additional keypad in garage area.

• Thanks
Reactions: V0Y
Thank you. So a door contact on the garage door can be tied to the 2nd entry timer. I was under the impression (after reading the premier elite manual) that the 2nd entry timer was the 2nd internal alarm that goes off (the 3rd being the bellbox alarm).

Do you have a bit more detail on this so i can pass onto the supplier. Hopefully he can make sense of it. Thank you again

Already answered your question.
If your installer does not understand how a 2nd entry timer function works,then I would look for other installers.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
And a thief has 5 minutes in your garage to take what they want before the alarm goes off ! Look at an alarm with app or radio fob control to disarm the system sooner

• Thanks
On the premier elite you can have it in a separate area for the garage annd control it with the app or main panel.

Understanding what you have or want for the house/ garage May get you a more accurate response

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back