Texecom premier elite 48 - urgent help needed - Please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have a strange issue with my alarm that I’m hoping an expert on here can help with.
I have a premier elite 48, fully wired, installed and programmed by myself (electrician) in 2015. Still on the same firmware which I think is 2.
It comprises of 2 sounders, 3 keypads and comwifi with various sensors/contacts.
So last month my code or fob would not do anything on any keypad (all proxys) and comwifi was no longer on my network. I only had 2 users set up and luckily it accepted the 2nd users code to get me into engineers mode. I removed the panel, disconnected comwifi for a brief period before reconnecting. Comwifi came back on the network and used wintex to reassign myself and add a 3rd user. All seemed to be ok now, with notifications coming from the app.
Roll forward to a couple of days ago, I tried to set the alarm via the app while out, but it kept on coming up with no network connection, so I presumed it had gone offline again. However when I got back home comwifi was still visible on the network with full strength.
Now the problem, I can’t get back into the system with any user code or fobs, nothing I press does anything. It doesn’t make sense. I can’t take the panel off as I can’t enable engineers mode. All keypads say the correct day/time.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to do next, other than rip the panel out and replace it.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is it a 48 or 48w ( plastic box) ….I take it you are using the really old app with the virtual keypad ? Press menu 4 on each keypad ….does it come up with panel version ? If one does and one does not , I would disconnect that keypad for a start

Hi, thanks for the reply. It’s the metal cased one and yes the old app. Menu 4 works on all keypads, Elite 48 ENG SW V2.11.04LS1.

So a few moments ago the speakers started beeping and I now have the ‘System Alerts!’ message displayed. Beeping has stopped but I can’t see what is causing it as I can’t get in.

Sponsored Links
No, not since installation, but I have never had any messages relating to battery come up. I installed 2 of them. My understanding has always been that the batteries are there just as back up for mains power failure anyway.

They could be pulling the system down …normal lifespan 5 years ….yours is 9 years …in all fairness it should have come up wirh battery fault unless you turned it off in monitor hardware

I don’t recall turning anything off, but I will order another 2, 12v 7a if I remember right. So the issue I will have is, as I can’t obviously access the engineer mode, I will create an alarm when removing the panel lid, right? Firstly, is there a set sequence I need to follow in this situation as opposed to one that isn’t in alarm and secondly, is there a possibility that the user codes still won’t work after to silence it? Thanks.

I’ve got 2 active bells = twice the noise, really don’t want to peeve off the neighbours anymore than I have too

So not being in engineers mode doesn’t make a difference to this. Something I wasn’t aware of. Thank you so much for all your help so far.
Do the bell sounder batteries need changing every few years as well?

When mine became unresponsive, the mender said there has been a batch of bad PSUs and fitted a new one.

Thanks. I will go the battery route first and see what happens, otherwise will look at the psu. I still have lots of texecom gear as I used to install these all the time, but never had this issue.

So the saga continues. Removed old batteries which were showing a healthy 13.4v. This triggered an app notification of 'low battery', which i expect it to do, so comwifi is communicating. However when signing in to the app it briefly connects, then displays 'please enter correct user code' then logs out.
So system still doesn't recognise any users.
Even disconnected 2 of the 3 keypads, but still no joy.
So I'm stumped on this one, never seen anything like it before and i have installed many systems. Suppose i should be grateful its my own and not a clients.

Any more ideas anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back