Texecom Premier Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these installed, with detectors spread over three floors and two keypads. The keypad by the front door we use to set a full alarm when going out, and one upstairs we use to set a part arm at night that only sets the downstairs detectors.
This all works OK, but I would like to have it working so that we don't have to remember when to set full or part arm. It would be great if the downstairs keypad went straight to full alarm when the code is entered, and the upstairs pad went straight to part arm.
The installer guy says this isn't possible unless we use a different code for each, which isn't any better. Is he right?

Sponsored Links
Set the system to auto part arm. If an exit zone i.e front door is triggered the system will full arm, otherwise it will part arm. That will be the same for both keypads. There isn't a way to set up what you want, but this should do just as well. The auto part arm option is in the area options of wintex.

Thank you! That sounds good.
When you say "if an exit zone is triggered" do you mean during the exit delay or at any time?

Sponsored Links
even better set it to single button setting. area full arms system part and yes part set, even quicker.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the single button bit. Could you explain to an absolute beginner with these things please?

you press the AREA key to set system no code needed

you press PART and YES key to set at night no code needed

you turn it off with your code......

Well that works very well. Just as you described Sparky!

The only thing I have noticed is that when I part arm at night the keypad shows the standard banner message instead of the 'Part Arm' banner. So there is no visible indication of whether I remembered to set it or not.

Is there any way to get some indication?

Something's not right. The "Part Armed" banner should be displayed when you do a quick part arm as described by sparkymarka.

Have you set "View Armed Areas" (Global Options - System Config - 04)?

Yes I have that checked.
When I part arm it shows the part arm name briefly, and then goes back to the main banner.
The operation is exactly correct for part and full arm - it works just as sparky said. It's just the banner display.

What about Global options - system config - 34. If this is set to "EN50131 Enabled" then the kepad behaves as you describe.

34 was enabled yes. I've disabled it and now when I part set it alternates the Part banner and the Part text.
That looks good. I had better read up what other differences this makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back