Texecom Premier Elite 48

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

You obviously know way more than the guy who installed this alarm, and I'm not going to be calling him any more.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
When set to "EN50131 Enabled" and a fault occurs it displays "System Alerts", beeps but hides the fault messages until a user code is entered.

With "EN50131 disabled" you can see the fault messages without having to enter a user code. Most users prefer this but it doesn't conform to the latest regs.

I was just reading up on that. There's also something about the bell sounding, I don't think that's serious though.
Finally I have this alarm working the way it should!

Finally I have this alarm working the way it should!
Well, you have it working how you want it. :D Some would argue that it should work how your installer set it. This would only matter if its being monitored or your insurance company have insisted that you have an alarm installed to comply with regs. I don't expect that either of those apply as if they did you wouldn't have the engineer code to make these changes.

Sponsored Links
Yes you're right it's not an insurance requirement here - at the moment anyway. I insisted on having the engineer code as it's my alarm and I'm quite comfortable with technology.

Now to get on with the pancakes!

Right. Having got the alarm set up the way I wanted, I can deal with a minor niggle.
The hallway PIR and front door switch zones are both set as Entry/Exit and Access option.
When I set the alarm and leave, I listen from outside for the confirmation tones that tell me the alarm is properly set.
Very occasionally, I don't hear the final beeps and when I open the door again I see on the panel that it hasn't set due to the hall PIR being active.
This is obviously something to do with relative timing of the two detectors, but when I experiment by leaving slowly/quickly/waving at the PIR I can't deliberately get it to fail.
Any ideas what may be happening? The first time it went wrong I increased the global 'settling time' to 10 seconds but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

One possibility is that signals from the door switch and from the PIR that can see the door are colliding and the panel is not receiving either of them so the panel is not aware that ecit has occured.

Thanks for the advice!
I've set it to Guard Access and first off it seems to work OK. But I will need to run it for a while because it's an infrequent problem.
Looking at the settings the only difference seems to be E/E 2 instead of E/E 1.
I'll run it this way for a few days and see what happens

The explanation:

Assuming that your arming mode is set to "Entry/exit" in Area Programming - Arming modes, the hall PIR set as "Entry/Exit" would have been starting the exit settle time and then, when the exit settle time expired, if you had not left the hall the PIR would see you and cause the setting to fail.

Now with the PIR set as "Guard/Access" you can walk past the PIR on the way out of the building without activating the alarm and the exit settle time doesn't start until you close the front door.

You should now be able to put the global exit settle time back to a more normal 8 seconds.

Thank you again pcaouolte

I have reset the settle time to 8 secs and will see what happens.
Is there a reason why Guard Access goes to E/E 2 instead of 1?

Ah, that is the timer used when the system is part armed.

Have you got Area Programming - Area Options - 2 Part Arm Instant selected?

If so the E/E2 attribute on the hall PIR won't make any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back