Texecom Premier Elite 48

Sponsored Links
It is, yes. That's the way the installer left it and I haven't changed it. Must confess I haven't looked into that. Does it give a fixed time from when you set the alarm?

Sponsored Links
set to timed that may be where your issue is its like having it on final door set if the detector is still active when it sets it will give a failed set.

Ah, that is the timer used when the system is part armed.

Have you got Area Programming - Area Options - 2 Part Arm Instant selected?

If so the E/E2 attribute on the hall PIR won't make any difference.

I have found that it DOES make a difference!

With the Guard Access set to E/E2, if I go down to the hall with the system in Part Arm it starts the entry timer.

With the Guard Access set to E/E1, doing the same thing starts an immediate alarm.

I only tried it as R/R1 just to see what would happen, and put it back to 2 when I found out!

Just thought you would like to know for future reference :)

Here's yet another question on my famous system!
When I press the Area button to do a quick arm, and close the door behind me, after the settling time has expired I hear a few seconds of the high pitched tone and then the chime to confirm it's armed properly. If I then have a blonde moment and remember I left something behind, I open the door, get the entry beeps and enter the user code. No problem.
BUT if I remember while the high pitched tone is still running and open the door, I don't get a chance to enter the code. At the end of the high tone the system immediately alarms. I can stop it with the code of course but it would be better not to have it sound at all. When this happens the log says "Exit error - arming failed restore"
The obvious way to avoid this of course is to wait until I have heard the final chime before reopening the door, but I can't always hear it through the door if there is traffic passing.
Is there any way to avoid this? Would a Timed Exit behave any differently? Over to you experts...

The proper way is to let it set then go back in, turn it off and start again.

On entering and exiting an alarm system, dealing with the alarm is always the first and last thing you do. If the phone is ringing, leave it, always sort the alarm first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back