Texecom Premier + GSM Module

Sponsored Links
I use it on my own panel to see when people come and go ( Sons)

I take it that they don't "come and go" that often, or that could get quite expensive. Isn't it about 12p a message? Or am I just tight ? :)

Can get expensive!
New number seems stable, older ones were dropping off like flys.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I know. :p

Going to IP the thing, send mails instead.

Oooooh IP, me no like, but can see it being the future for signalling.

Starting to accept the whole ip cctv thing, just dont like geeks fitting it.

Still relys on a phone line though!
Have a GSM unit too I keep meaning to fit.
Busmans Holiday and all that!

Going to be more signaling than zones :D

i have a couple of G2 systems out there,
when they were first fitted i linked via SMS, two months later they didnt work.

now both are on dualcom, works all the time with no trouble at all

but the SD3 is great bit of kit, we use them on temp systems, work fine even on cable phone areas!

i have a couple of G2 systems out there,
when they were first fitted i linked via SMS, two months later they didnt work.

now both are on dualcom, works all the time with no trouble at all

but the SD3 is great bit of kit, we use them on temp systems, work fine even on cable phone areas!

Same here, client phones up to say, we're not getting set/unset notification.

we make very clear from the start if they want to use the feature, WE the installer are not responsible for 3rd party signaling.

I would say castle has the only reliable sms feature of sorts which we use on 99% of domestics. though we're thinking of moving to g2-12 for domestics now.

Mr Young
ADi are doing g2 kits at a good price at the moment.
had the national sales guy in the office monday just gone, got some good kit out there and a bit more coming as well.

also they now do a dualtech in radio via the rf portal 16 + devices on one portal, brilliant!

i would say one thing with the G2 its a similar but slightly different platform on the programming side, contact the local area rep, arrange a office visit, its worth it, and ask for the manuals for G2 and Dimension,
thats the best way to get the info, and you also go onto Honeywells data base.

but as you are aware you must be a company not just a fitter if you understand

also you should be able to get a copy of the RSS from them, this will support Galaxy Gold as well.

Mr Young
ADi are doing g2 kits at a good price at the moment.
had the national sales guy in the office monday just gone, got some good kit out there and a bit more coming as well.

also they now do a dualtech in radio via the rf portal 16 + devices on one portal, brilliant!

i would say one thing with the G2 its a similar but slightly different platform on the programming side, contact the local area rep, arrange a office visit, its worth it, and ask for the manuals for G2 and Dimension,
thats the best way to get the info, and you also go onto Honeywells data base.

but as you are aware you must be a company not just a fitter if you understand

also you should be able to get a copy of the RSS from them, this will support Galaxy Gold as well.

lol, you must have plenty time on your hands, i'm way way to busy to see a rep. we have accounts with adi and enterprise, and they're never off the phone tbh.

i'm a highly trained galaxy installer, i dont ever need to refer to a galaxy manual but i do have them all. same with GG and RSS plus updated patches. not to mention the rf survey kit, dimensions my new baby, i'm hardcore fella.

my only gripe with g2 series is its not a proper galaxy, + user alerts but we wont go into that. :D

i will agree with that one about the G2
the platform is wrong, they should have integrated the G3 platform,
all of us who use this excellent kit knows!

just (last week) updated my office system from a G3 48 to a Dimension with a touch screen (prox)
loverly bit of kit,
got my lights connected to outputs, so when i open the system my lights in the office come on!

going to add a few more bits to it as i go one.

i sometimes have an `office day` were i see the reps, suppliers and just generally sort out some of the mountains of paper on my desk!

and sign off job sheets etc etc etc

we all (who do this job day to day) how much bloody paper we produce,
ah thinking of that must place an order with Viking, run out of spare printer ink and paper again!

but what do you reckon on the new screen on the touch pad, have you got you logo on the screen?

have not don't this yet, but i might do it today, i am away from the house, you know christmas decorations and stuff. bah humbug!!!

We do now, but not to begin with as cp040 only supported 256 colours and our logo would look all pixelated. now cp041 has full vga @ 64k so offers a better result, and not forgetting prox. the image converter software also helps.

I like the tc but alot of engineers in the trade think it needs more development.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back