Texecom Premier Keypad Ready l.e.d.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As my 20+ year old Captivate 20’s keypad was coming to the end of its days I decided to replaced the system with a Texecom Premier 24 with one 8XP expander and one LCD/L keypad. Each zone is eol except a p.a. which is n/c (two p.a. buttons in series on one zone).

Installation and commissioning went fine and programming quickly got the hang of.

Had some significant rewiring to do from the ADE system (iD chips to remove) and some combinations of star and daisy wiring to be replaced.

The system is now configured and up and running and is working perfectly – almost. What I don’t have is the ‘ready’ light when everything is closed up correctly until I actually set the system, or I’m in engineer mode – but it does set ok without fault indication.

Is this correct now with firmware 6.** or am I missing something here as I understand the ‘ready’ led was an aid to displaying the system ok to set?

Some advice would be much appreciated.

Rob

Sponsored Links
From engineering, go into engineer utilities
Zone status
You can check to see if each zone is secure or in fault.
You can also check each zone from diagnostics in Wintex.
The ready led comes on when system is clear and no faults.
Could also be programming issue.

Many thanks for the reply.

As well as going through a zone status check immediately after programming and commissioning, I have done that again and each zone comes up with spot on resistor values for both active and secure states.

The system sets fine each time (both part and full) without the ready led illuminating - the led only coming on when I set the system.

Like you say, I think a programming issue but I am at a loss to know or find out what.

I was wondering if the pa zone being programmed N/C might have something to do with this? When doing a zone status check it does come up not showing any line resistance because there aren't any.

I am intending to change that zone over to eol but won't be able to do that for a day or so.

Sponsored Links
have to admit not paying much attention to the ready light.

although when arming it should show if on all zones are secure or off an active zone.

in this respect you can program the system to show active zones so you know which zones are active.
Often zones along the exit route are active when attempting to set the system, any zone still active at the time of setting would cause an activation. Find programming zones affecting exit useful

current version is 6.02.

Yes, forty odd years of alarm use I'm with you on the luxury of a 'ready' light - never had one before. My main concern was that it was a sympton of something more important possibly.

However, all is now well and Handymanjo's prompt about programming in his reply got me digging into Premier's darker corners and it is indeed a programming option (a 150 page installation manual doesn't make great bedtime reading....):

Go to Global > System config. > option 34 (enable EN50131) > change to 'Disable' - ready led up and running.

Many thanks for your replies - learnt other stuff along the way so not wasted.

Most issues are due to setup one way or another. (Design versus what you want)
Knowing which zones are active and preventing arming I find more useful than looking at the ready light as try to keep standards related options turned on. Although it doesn't matter if the system is bells only.

The default options are setup for grade 2 as supplied from the factory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back