Texecom RKP Backlight Flicker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

Just finished installing a Texecom Premier 24 Poly with 2 Premier RKP's. Bit of an odd fault- but both RKP back-lights appear to flicker. One RKP is less then one meter away, and the other about 10m away. This fault occurs when both on mains and battery or when just on battery. Any possible ideas as to why this could be happening? My next idea is to double up the + and - using the spare pair. I have ruled out the cable by a)metering- very little resistance and b)running a short peice of wire from the panel to the RKP. I can't rule out a faulty RKP 100%, but guess it's unlikely as it's happening to both of them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Jake

Sponsored Links
It does happen on the keypads sometimes if you have the cable trapped putting pressure on the LCD display. Take the keypad off and see if it still happens.

Hold yes while pressing the up arrow. This will turn up the backlight brightness and seems to stop the flicker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back