texecom update part 2:

All the tick boxes i've seen have always said "Do you have a professionally installed and maintained alarm system" To which his answer would be no, never seen one that just says "Do you have an alarm system"

Sponsored Links
sorry jibbeh Do you have an alarm system is me, i should of quoted the acutall wording, off to more thens wibsite now to see the exact question they ask.

Texecom Premier ComIP Module-Connects Alarm Control Panels to LAN''s or WAN''s

Texecom’s range of interchangeable Premier Communicators offer a variety of protocols, interface formats & multi-path transmission routes to fulfil any signalling requirement.

Allows connection of any Premier control panel to a Local or Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN). This allows alarms to be signalled over an IP network to an alarm receiving centre via Texecom’s Montex Software.

so my laptop on lan and wan, would become the reciving center, the question is does this comip let me arm and disarm and admin the system?

also, when and if my friends go down the intruder alarm route, aswell as viewing each others cctv, we can also monitor each others intruder systems, dont you just love this stuff? cos i know i do.

ok this is what my insurance company ask "Does this property have any of the following? intruder alarm yes or no.

we yes i do have a alarm, but not in the same sense as a normal person would have one lol.

Sponsored Links
All the tick boxes i've seen have always said "Do you have a professionally installed and maintained alarm system" To which his answer would be no, never seen one that just says "Do you have an alarm system"
They, the insurers, cover themselves with weasle words - may/could/might etc. regarding information that MAY affect your cover and premium. It their get out of jail card if they don't want to pay out.

I think you will be hard pushed to find any of them giving a defined list.

ive benn reading the texecom bluuurb but its not clear, i really want the panel connected to the router, so i can local wan into it from anywhere in the house to control it, and i want to dyns into the panel via laptop when i have lappy with me, or so i can log in from a mates house.

All easy enough with com-ip, hardwired connection from panel to router, give panel an IP address and use that IP in wintex account setup page. Wintex will pickup there's an IP entered or not for each account you open and give you the option to connect via network.

Accessing remotely i'd say easiest (not really tbh) way to do it would be get a phone you can use tethering with then tether your laptop to phone's data connection and access home that way. Port forwarding etc etc, would go with static IP for home broadband though, free DDNS stuff gets cancelled or stuff all too regular.

so my laptop on lan and wan, would become the reciving center, the question is does this comip let me arm and disarm and admin the system?

also, when and if my friends go down the intruder alarm route, aswell as viewing each others cctv, we can also monitor each others intruder systems, dont you just love this stuff? cos i know i do.

Cant think what it was exactly but there's 1 or 2 major differences when connecting to a panel with IP-com instead of USB-com. Wintex has the software keypad function but it 'may' be this function that doesn't work on IP, alternatively there's the extremely flaky java app which 'may or may not' have software keypad function on. Sadly I f*cked my panel up trying to flash update so I cant test anything right now.

ive benn reading the texecom bluuurb but its not clear, i really want the panel connected to the router, so i can local wan into it from anywhere in the house to control it, and i want to dyns into the panel via laptop when i have lappy with me, or so i can log in from a mates house.

All easy enough with com-ip, hardwired connection from panel to router, give panel an IP address and use that IP in wintex account setup page. Wintex will pickup there's an IP entered or not for each account you open and give you the option to connect via network.

Accessing remotely i'd say easiest (not really tbh) way to do it would be get a phone you can use tethering with then tether your laptop to phone's data connection and access home that way. Port forwarding etc etc, would go with static IP for home broadband though, free DDNS stuff gets cancelled or stuff all too regular.

i love you lol, already have a mobile dongle, already have account with http://dyn.com/dns/, yes they dont do free ones any more, i been with them for years, for my cctv and ip cams,

just before you posted i was thinking, to admin the system i wonder if wintex will do that through lan and wan?, and yes it does as you have just said for the admin.

but what about monitoring alarm? which bit of software is it:

Montex Software
Texbase Software
Maintex Software

and is there a charge for the above 3 softwares?

The honest answer is to say yes and give the type and condition of the alarm installed. Let the insurance company decide whether it is in their experience an alarm system or not.

Not so , Once you have said you have an alarm then there is an implicit assumption you will use it.
Therefore you can have the best alarm in the world but if you go out and do not set it or another member of your family leaves the home without setting it you will find the insurers push not to pay out.
Ironically with a grade 2 system they will be able to get the engineer to confirm whether it was set at the time of the burglary and whether it activated.

lol been seraching today what the latest firmware version is, i love a guy who likes to flash his gear.

ill obvisouly have to buy the flash cable next lol.

Flashed 2 panels, both gone tits up and been sent back. All seems to go well but once rebooted just has network 1 red led permanently on. Equivalent of xbox red ring of death.

i also belive texecom are about to release a new product line up, its now the Premier Elite 48, they are changing the others to.

they have also redesigned the website. panasonic is my joy in my cctv hobby, texecom are now my favourites in the intruder side of things, plus there a uk company.

i also belive texecom are about to release a new product line up, its now the Premier Elite 48, they are changing the others to.

they have also redesigned the website. panasonic is my joy in my cctv hobby, texecom are now my favourites in the intruder side of things, plus there a uk company.
They all make big announcements approaching May.

They all make big announcements approaching May.

looks like a panel upgrade is on the cards for me already! - as i cant be having a "old" panel lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back