Texecom veritas excel

Sponsored Links
Just one thing to check ! Where the cable has been stripped back at both ends it has been known for the core to get nicked , I have seen this on external bellbox cables where it's corroded away at the nick !

bluesea";p="3172054 said:
Did you check the red and black ( power pair as asked ? ) removing at both ends and twisting one end together ?

I have checked the 4 wires disconnected on zone 5 pir sensor and there is no continiuity between any of the wires, (the two tamper wires were never connected before), this indicates there must be a total break in the cable
Still dont understand why there is 13.5 volts showing at alarm panel pcb alarm (yellow & blue wires) terminals for zone 5 when all of the wires are disconnected for zone 5 pir sensor, I thought the voltage supply went to the pir sensor through the red and black wires from the aux 12v connections then returned to the pcb in panel through the alarm wires (yellow & blue) to the zone terminals, could someone enlighten me please.

:confused:

What are you measuring at the panel ? Blue and yellow wires still connected in the pcb ? As one side of most control panel alarm inputs will be 13v + as an alarm loop is a + loop !

Sponsored Links
What are you measuring at the panel ? Blue and yellow wires still connected in the pcb ? As one side of most control panel alarm inputs will be 13v + as an alarm loop is a + loop !

I was measuring the zone alarm terminals in the panel for zone 5 , yellow and blue wires disconnected at pcb in panel

Well no joy in pulling old faulty alarm cable through, it parted, so I will have to remove laminate flooring in bedroom, to feed new cable in, but thats a job for another time, so I have taken that zone out of use untill the flooring is removed and that will not be any time soon, and have ordered a new 12v battery for alarm panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back