The EU vaccine fiasco points to just one thing

I suspect that once they've had a few days to stew in the ****storm of their own making, we will end up helping them with vaccine supplies, and the lorry queues at Dover will become a little shorter.
Personally I'd rather have the pleasure of watching them self destruct, along with a few posters on here, but hey ho.
Oh dear a brexiteer not understanding lorry queues are of his own making, not fault of EU.

Yes EU have done badly at vaccine procurement.

Yes Brexit means considerable, ongoing damage to business.......which fillyboy wants to ignore.

And no, it's not teething troubles.....Brexit red tape means loads of businesses will go bust or move to EU.

Sponsored Links
Same apples to my post, that you batted off as "reporter's opinions" (y)
You paraphrased the reporter's article. It's almost impossible not to place your own interpretation on the article.
Care to post up the entire article?
Interesting interview with a european reporter on R5L this morning.
He said that, basically,
health in the EU was always taken care of at a national level.
The French, Germans, Spanish et al set up their roll - out infrastructure (logistics, centres, refrigeration, vaccinators, etc), in anticipation of the vaccine.
But the EU took over the procurement and approval, dicked about, and didn't deliver.
He said that the individual states are well - pizzed at the Commission , and are looking for heads to roll.
Von de Leyen doesn't want to be seen to be the person who ballsed - up the vaccine roll-out, (in Notchy's terminology, "own it" ;)), so is looking to deflect the blame onto whatever she can.
How much was the reporter's opinion, and how much was yours?

Sponsored Links
So next time the government does a u turn, we obviously won’t see any posts from Bobby Jim complaining as they should be congratulated for correcting an error. Yeah Bobby Jim Anon?

So next time the government does a u turn, we obviously won’t see any posts from Bobby Jim complaining as they should be congratulated for correcting an error. Yeah Bobby Jim Anon?
It's one U-turn, it isn't a whole series of them, most of them resisted until the pressure grew too much.
The longer you resist a U-turn the harder and the more obvious it is, that it was forced on you by external pressure.
When those numerous U-turns become frequent it suggests blind panic, or at the very least a rudderless government.
And if it's OK with you, I'll form my own opinions, my own contributions. :rolleyes:

BBC Sounds.
R5L 0905 onwards this morning.
I am not aware whether such things are transcripted (they probably are somewhere, but I am unaware of either their existence, or location).
Do you know the name of the programme, podcast or the reporter? The web site doesn't give a chronological programme option.

Sunday Breakfast? Started at 0700. Therefore 2 hours in is 0900, the news?

Bobby Jim, your views are so impartial!!
I congratulate you on continuing to bolster my opinion of you. Good work fella(s).

BBC Sounds.
R5L 0905 onwards this morning.
I am not aware whether such things are transcripted (they probably are somewhere, but I am unaware of either their existence, or location).

No.
Chris Warburton?
Breakfast?
Jakob someone-or other?
Thanks for that, Brigadier.
I've listened to the interview with Jakob Hanke Vela and he is much more impartial than your paraphrasing suggests.
I've taken the liberty of striking through the sections of your biased reporting of what he said. I think you'll agree the result is a more accurate and impartial view of what he said:
Interesting interview with a european reporter on R5L this morning.

He said that, basically, health in the EU was always taken care of at a national level.
The French, Germans, Spanish et al set up their roll - out infrastructure (logistics, centres, refrigeration, vaccinators, etc), in anticipation of the vaccine.

But the EU took over the procurement and approval, dicked about, and didn't deliver.

He said that the individual states are well - pizzed at the Commission , and are looking for heads to roll.

Von de Leyen doesn't want to be seen to be the person who ballsed - up the vaccine roll-out, (in Notchy's terminology, "own it" ;)), so is looking to deflect the blame onto whatever she can.
Here's the link to the program. The interview starts about 2hours 6 minutes in to the program, after the news.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rv18

No, resisting a "U-turn" for longer means thought has been given to it.

The EU made a U-turn within hours, proving what a very poor decision it was.

EU have made a mess.

Surely even former remainers can see that.

No, resisting a "U-turn" for longer means thought has been given to it.

The EU made a U-turn within hours, proving what a very poor decision it was.
Listen to the radio interview that Brigadier referred to. You'll see that it was a decision by some under-ranking person in the trade department, over-ridden by someone more senior.
It demonstrates the speed at which they responded and their flexibility.

Sponsored Links
Back