The EU vaccine fiasco points to just one thing

Sponsored Links
Proving that they have a poor decision making hierarchy.
Or some junior jumped the gun.
Couldn't happen in UK government circles. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'll leave the posting of any specific events to others that are better at recalling such incidents.
Although very occasionally some, a minority feel duty bound to resign over disagreements.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Brigadier.
I've listened to the interview with Jakob Hanke Vela and he is much more impartial than your paraphrasing suggests.
I've taken the liberty of striking through the sections of your biased reporting of what he said. I think you'll agree the result is a more accurate and impartial view of what he said:

Interesting interview with a european reporter on R5L this morning.

He said that, basically, health in the EU was always taken care of at a national level.
The French, Germans, Spanish et al set up their roll - out infrastructure (logistics, centres, refrigeration, vaccinators, etc), in anticipation of the vaccine.

But the EU took over the procurement and approval, dicked about, and didn't deliver.

He said that the individual states are well - pizzed at the Commission , and are looking for heads to roll.

Von de Leyen doesn't want to be seen to be the person who ballsed - up the vaccine roll-out, (in Notchy's terminology, "own it" ), so is looking to deflect the blame onto whatever she can.

Here's the link to the program. The interview starts about 2hours 6 minutes in to the program, after the news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rv18

Ahhh, SpinMeister…..

“But the EU took over the procurement and approval, dicked about, and didn't deliver.”

@2:09:50 – “The Commission realised that they were too slow to sign the contracts, and too slow in approving the vaccine”.

Your disagreeing with my colloquialism doesn’t alter the fact that what I posted was a correct version of the situation.

“Von de Leyen doesn't want to be seen to be the person who ballsed - up the vaccine roll-out,”

Following the above:

“ Von de Leyen doesn’t want to be seen as the one who botched the vaccine roll-out….”

Your disagreeing with my colloquialism doesn’t alter the fact that what I posted was a correct version of the situation.

Listen to the radio interview that Brigadier referred to. You'll see that it was a decision by some under-ranking person in the trade department, over-ridden by someone more senior.

Both your interpretation – “under-ranking person”; this was not clarified. It was also said to have possibly been a group in the Trade dept – and a glossing-over of the reported severity of the issue.
When Chris Warburton put it to J H V that it was “surprising” that such a sensitive issue as the Irish border could have been unconsidered by the Trade dept, J H V replied that he “couldn’t understand how they did it either”.

It demonstrates the speed at which they responded and their flexibility.

If the EC had demonstrated “speed” and “flexibility” in the first place, they could have avoided this monumental balls-up in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I think there’s no doubt that your wishful thinking that "Brexit red tape means loads of businesses will go bust or move to EU" will continue.

That's your wish not mine.

You voted for Johnson and his deal to leave the SM and CU.

While people complain about the (wrong) decision by someone to threaten an NI/Ireland border, don't forget that Boris and most of his cabinet decided to break international law and only just missed doing it.

Ahhh, SpinMeister…..

“But the EU took over the procurement and approval, dicked about, and didn't deliver.”

@2:09:50 – “The Commission realised that they were too slow to sign the contracts, and too slow in approving the vaccine”.

There is a world of difference in "they realised they were too slow", (so reacted and improved their performance, only to be thwarted by AZ)
and your version of a supposedly external assessment that "they dicked about and didn't deliver."
Yours was a biased version of the actual report.

“Von de Leyen doesn't want to be seen to be the person who ballsed - up the vaccine roll-out,”

Following the above:

“ Von de Leyen doesn’t want to be seen as the one who botched the vaccine roll-out….”

Yes that is what he said, but that doesn't suggest that the rollout has been botched. Indeed, he says that the EU needs to come up with a response to resolve the delays, caused by AZ, notwithstanding the delay in approving the vaccine, which might have been inexcusable, and the EU has done exactly that.
If anything has been botched it's the approval by the EMA, and the supply by AZ, who, in turn, blame the UK government contract.

Both your interpretation – “under-ranking person”; this was not clarified. It was also said to have possibly been a group in the Trade dept – and a glossing-over of the reported severity of the issue.
When Chris Warburton put it to J H V that it was “surprising” that such a sensitive issue as the Irish border could have been unconsidered by the Trade dept, J H V replied that he “couldn’t understand how they did it either”.
Correction:
at 2:07:33 JHV said "someone or a group of people triggered this article without realising the implications."
Again at 2:08:50 he said "someone".
Then again at 2:09:20 He again says, "who knows, who triggered that."
As this person doesn't have a name or a position, it stands to reason that they are a relative junior in that department.

If the EC had demonstrated “speed” and “flexibility” in the first place, they could have avoided this monumental balls-up in the first place.

He also said, two important points:
"The main issue is that the member nations were all geared up ready, but there were just no vaccines". The fault for that lies squarely on AZ.
He also said that the main problem is that the "UK does not see any reason why it should share the vaccine with EU", at 2:11:24.

So we have, in his opinion, and I also noticed how he was at pains not to be led by the interviewer, that he laid the blame squarely on AZ.
AZ in turn are laying the blame on UK.
So what results is a diplomatic spat between UK and EU, obviously.

Finally, I'm glad that you agree that a lot of what you wrote was your imagination.

Last edited:
All goes to show...EU and Von der lying do not give a stuff about Ireland or good friday agreement...They just want to make UK suffer as we brexit heroes said all along.

There is a world of difference in "they realised they were too slow", (so reacted and improved their performance, only to be thwarted by AZ)
and your version of a supposedly external assessment that "they dicked about and didn't deliver."
Yours was a biased version of the actual report.

Yes that is what he said, but that doesn't suggest that the rollout has been botched. Indeed, he says that the EU needs to come up with a response to resolve the delays, caused by AZ, notwithstanding the delay in approving the vaccine, which might have been inexcusable, and the EU has done exactly that.
If anything has been botched it's the approval by the EMA, and the supply by AZ, who, in turn, blame the UK government contract.

Correction:
at 2:07:33 JHV said "someone or a group of people triggered this article without realising the implications."
Again at 2:08:50 he said "someone".
Then again at 2:09:20 He again says, "who knows, who triggered that."
As this person doesn't have a name or a position, it stands to reason that they are a relative junior in that department.

He also said, two important points:
"The main issue is that the member nations were all geared up ready, but there were just no vaccines". The fault for that lies squarely on AZ.
He also said that the main problem is that the "UK does not see any reason why it should share the vaccine with EU", at 2:11:24.

So we have, in his opinion, and I also noticed how he was at pains not to be led by the interviewer, that he laid the blame squarely on AZ.
AZ in turn are laying the blame on UK.
So what results is a diplomatic spat between UK and EU, obviously.

Finally, I'm glad that you agree that a lot of what you wrote was your imagination.

Whatever.

What is clear though, is that the more defensive Himmy is, the higher his word count becomes(y)

Last edited:
Whatever.

What is clear though, is that the more defensive Himmy is, the higher his word count becomes(y)
There's defensiveness, and then there's bringing a more impartial opinion to your biased paraphrasing and imagined conversation.

So in Bobby’s world, the EU are actually doing really well......
Good work fella(s)

Sponsored Links
Back