The eye in the sky.

Sponsored Links
What we need is some low level ash to take the cars off the roads altogether.
The SpeedSpike is being trialled in Southwark, south London, and on the A374 in Cornwall, MPs on the Commons transport select committee were told.
I thought parliament had been dissolved?

Joe - think I'll leave this one to you and lincsbodger to put to rights. :eek:

I've an even better idea..
fit every single car with a GPS activated speed restrictor.. that way you cannot exceed the speed limit..
you would need to be able to lock it at 30 if it looses it's signal and find some way to stop the toerags from dissabling it but it would work..

the police could then access the transponder from the GPS and get the satelites to stop the car so no more high speed police chases down the middle of the road.

Sponsored Links
fit every single car with a GPS activated speed restrictor.. that way you cannot exceed the speed limit..
you would need to be able to lock it at 30 if it looses it's signal and find some way to stop the toerags from dissabling it but it would work..

the police could then access the transponder from the GPS and get the satelites to stop the car so no more high speed police chases down the middle of the road.
Sound idea.

Any news?

amazing that these cameras can read number plates and yet not being used to catch unlicensed, uninsured and un-moted cars using the roads. Which just fuels the argument that its all done to make money not make the roads safer.

I seem to remember it has been done. The idea was dropped when a section of motorway ran parallel to a 30 zone and the system got the wrong speed limit. Apparently 30 on a motorway wasn't fun :eek:

Just another cash cow for police forces up and down the country. Did anyone notice, they aren't painted yellow like the ordinary ones have to be by law?
I know it's only a trial at the moment but,,,,,, let's wait and see

Sponsored Links
Back