The heat wave ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years back the beeb produced a documentary of the possible consequences of global warming.

I can't remember the exact figures but in a slow considered way it pointed out that the meditranean countries average temperatures could go up by a few degrees .....it didn't seem a great deal .....but then they calmly said at that temperature it's too hot to sustain life !

It then produced a pastoral image of an English meadow and calmly announced the temperature in England would be like the meditranean then calmly declared English vegetation cannot survive in a meditranean climate the graphics then changed the pastoral lush scene in to dead oak trees and parched grass.

Is global warming true ? An inconvenient truth is pretty convincing if you've watched it !

Where there was glaciers 40 years ago now ? Dissappeared .........several images clearly demonstrated the point. Coupled with global dimming Hmmmm ............

We don't seem to hear much about global warming much .........

Cfc's have made a comeback in China despite the worldwide ban due to the thinning of the ozone layer ........

Sponsored Links
Cfc's have made a comeback in China despite the worldwide ban due to the thinning of the ozone layer ........

There is a massive hole over Sydney I'm told. I don't know if its a fact or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southern Spain is slowly becoming like part of the Sahara desert.

Sponsored Links
Ask Gasbanni...he starts most of these ridiculous posts and is definetly well in with the site moderators

Ask Gasbanni...he starts most of these ridiculous posts and is definetly well in with the site moderators

If you think the current heatwave is indicative of global warming or not is your perogative .......what brings it to my mind is the parched straw coloured grass everywhere .....that in turn reminded me of the BBC documentary.

Ozone layer thinning, well it recovered when cfc's were banned but now it's happening again.
If you think it's a ridiculous post ....fair enough .......I think environmental issues are important.

Well in with the site mods :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: you couldn't be more wrong .........they even
delete my inoffensive posts :eek: !

Well in with the site mods :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: you couldn't be more wrong .........they even
delete my inoffensive posts :eek: !
If JohnD is a mod, and everyone seems to think so, I think it's fair to say that JohnD isn't a fan of Gas. So it doesn't really make sense that he's a mate of the mods.

And I wish the site owner would look up Gas's and my IP addresses and then let Himmy know once and for all that we are not the same person. I doubt we are even in the same county. Hopefully then he will give it a rest and we can all move on.

Back to ozone...
What I gather, the ozone has improved in some areas and worse in others. They now don't know for sure what's causing it 100%. Selfishly though, I am thoroughly enjoying this rare summer!

Isnt the heatwave just the jetstream position and nothing to do with global warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back