The Infamous Potterton Profile 50e

Except that X400 takes four weeks and X800 about 2-4 hours.

However, if the pump is not turning at all then there will be no circulation of the chemical!

If the pump is stuck it makes a buzzing sound when listened to with a stick or if its turning it makes a rumbling sound.

Removing the end screw should enable the shaft inside to be seen if its rotating.

The shaft on a Grunfoss does not have well defined slot but rather like a well worn slot. That can be twisted to an extent. They say its for safety but the other pump makers dont have an issue with a nice slot.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Except that X400 takes four weeks and X800 about 2-4 hours.

However, if the pump is not turning at all then there will be no circulation of the chemical!

If the pump is stuck it makes a buzzing sound when listened to with a stick or if its turning it makes a rumbling sound.

Removing the end screw should enable the shaft inside to be seen if its rotating.

The shaft on a Grunfoss does not have well defined slot but rather like a well worn slot. That can be twisted to an extent. They say its for safety but the other pump makers dont have an issue with a nice slot.

Tony

Hi Tony

That makes sense about the lack of circulation as my header tank is merky from me putting the last treatment in. I will have aother look at the pump tonight. Cheers. There is definately no noise coming from the pump at present, however water does come out when i loosen the screw.

Regards

Dan

Sponsored Links
ok guys, I have checked inside the pump by unscrewing the centre screw, all there is inside is a black plate with a philips head screw in it. The screw isn't tight and moves freely when i turn it with a screw driver. :confused:

right well it definately doesn't have a speed adjuster then. This is confusing, i don't understand why draining the system can cause so many problems

right well it definately doesn't have a speed adjuster then. This is confusing, i don't understand why draining the system can cause so many problems

FYI
View media item 21559
Speed switch is on side as shown. It has 4 speeds, looks like it is set to speed 3. The pump will stop if the speed selector is sitting between speeds so turn it. Clockwise turns it up.

If as you say the pump shaft is rotating the pump is goosed.

Change it or maybe better, get someone to change it for you. It won't be easy to change as it will have fibre pump washers and be really tight to move. Pump is a 130mm. Same as any std pump.

Cost of a pump £30ish for a junk cheapie or £65ish for a decent one.

Hi Tamz, thanks for the reply. But there isn't any speed adjuster anywhere on the pump, certainley not where you are pointing to.

Thats what the bump is on the side? Some really old Grundfos's had a lever on the back of the pump.

It needs changing anyway.

Thats what the bump is on the side? Some really old Grundfos's had a lever on the back of the pump.

It needs changing anyway.

Cool, will look into changing it.

There is a plate right at the back of the pump that could be a adjuster, I can't move it by hand though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back