The latest anti-UKIP 'documentary'

Sponsored Links
It's time to vote UKIP.

Are you happy that they don't know the difference between the UK and Britain? Bit of a worry for me if I'm a Unionist.

They know the difference between the UK and a united Europe.
That's the main thing.

One is reality and the other is a pipe dream that will never happen.

The politicians living in the dream world need a wake up call!

hi everyone.

I live in Scotland, remember we voted not to leave the union? we were promised a huge devolvement of power, facilities, and autonomy, immediately following the vote lots of promises vanished, leaving a bad taste in the political mouth.

There then followed a huge volume of froth and bubbles where Cameron began to look at devolving power to various regions in England, thus ducking the Scottish Question and the froth and bubbles of devolution to other areas of the UK including the so called West Lothian Question, Tam Dalziel was spot on!

If Scot Nats. are not allowed to vote on English matters, what about the very large Labour Constituent at Westminster, if in the next election the Scots Nats. win almost all of the Scottish Labour Seats at Westminster, as was forecast by a Conservative Poll last week? The entire labour party will be lacking in a load of lobby Fodder, besides if Scottish labour MPs at Westminster cannot vote on English matters, the UK Labour party will be short on votes? as an aside the Scot Nats. took a decision some considerable time ago NOT to vote on entirely English matters?

As for UKIP, there was a very revealing and interesting interview with the only UKIP Member of the EUROPEAN Parliament [who was in effect a consolation winner given the Proportional Representation method of voting in the European Elections] where the MUP stated that the UKIP Party would now, less than three months prior to the Election start to look for Candidates in Scotland, this begs the question what is the back office of UKIP in Scotland?

UKIP do not have any MSPs or MPs and it appears a very tenuous appearance on the Radar up here?

If very, very recent polls are to be believed, there is a potential Massive swing to the SNP it can be strongly argued according to these types of polls that the SNP will in effect oust Labour in Scotland?

As for UKIP up here, where are they? no radio news bulletins, no TV coverage of Scottish UKIP It is possible that they are possibly another English based party? Wonder why SNP is flourishing up here? could be as previously noted the NO voters up here were promised a load of changes which were watered down following the NO vote.

Big change now, all the big Political guns are concentrating on the UK Election, Scotland can now vote as it feels without the pressure of all of those completely busted promises made during the Scottish Referendum debate.

Sponsored Links
It would suit me if Scotland achieved independence. England effectively subsidises Scotland, resulting in free university education and cheaper health care.

The other major advantage is that Labour would lose many of its seats in Westminster.

An all round win for England and, if Scotland thinks it would be better off alone, for them too!

It would suit me if Scotland achieved independence. England effectively subsidises Scotland, resulting in free university education and cheaper health care.

The other major advantage is that Labour would lose many of its seats in Westminster.

An all round win for England and, if Scotland thinks it would be better off alone, for them too!

Leaving aside the debate on who subsidises who, KenGMac reinforces for me the impression that UKIP are just banging a populist drum without working out the detail.

They confuse Britain with the UK, we know that already. Now after reading the above posts I wonder if they really mean 'England' when they say Britain?

Perhaps Farage's change of policy on a quota for immigration means he is starting to really believe that UKIP may hold a balance of power and thus need to start thinking about the reality of what can be done in detail?

norcon may, or may not be of limited intelligent, but that's no reason to abrogate the whole argument.
I just find it amusing that a bloke who can barely speak English, champions a political party that comes across as so vehemently "English". :rolleyes:

They (UKIP) confuse Britain with the UK, we know that already.

My God, are you still banging on about that? How many people say 'Britain' when they mean 'The United Kingdom'?

I have to agree that UKIP appears to have little support in Scotland, but that's down to the electorate, surely. The Scots have always been more inclined to ally themselves with the Frogs than us, so perhaps they are quite happy to be ruled from Brussels. Good luck to them.

Once again, I'm sure we'd be better off on our own.

Whilst we're at it, we should keep our nuclear deterrent, remove its base from Faslane, and allow the Scots to hide behind us if and when it comes to war!

My God, are you still banging on about that? How many people say 'Britain' when they mean 'The United Kingdom'?

Such people don't understand the detail of our politics or history.
It's a fundamental element in any discussion on sovereignty.

How many people this amounts to, I do not know.

Such people don't understand the detail of our politics or history.
It's a fundamental element in any discussion on sovereignty.

How many people this amounts to, I do not know.

I think I understand the detail of our politics and history, yet I often say 'Britain' when, to be perfectly correct, I should say 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Bit of a mouthful, isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Back