The latest anti-UKIP 'documentary'

I think I understand the detail of our politics and history, yet I often say 'Britain' when, to be perfectly correct, I should say 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Bit of a mouthful, isn't it?

As above, just say 'UK'.

Your awareness that 'Britain' does not include NI is not in doubt. But your definition just makes my point. It is lazy and inaccurate to confuse it with the UK. For a politician to do so is just demonstrating incompetence, as would confusing England with Britain.

Sponsored Links
The Kippers do not have any seats in Scotland, and are an irrelevance.

They are an English party. Their name is wrong.

They are a one-issue, anti-Europe, anti-foreigners (except Germans) party.

As above, just say 'UK'.

Your awareness that 'Britain' does not include NI is not in doubt. But your definition just makes my point. It is lazy and inaccurate to confuse it with the UK. For a politician to do so is just demonstrating incompetence, as would confusing England with Britain.

Go on, then. I say 'British' or 'Brits' when referring to the occupants of this land. Surely, that would exclude the Northern Irish.

What word(s) should I use to be absolutely correct? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm just watching this completely unbiased (!) programme, in which the producers have interviewed a no doubt carefully selected number of UKIP supporters.
I've so far seen a heavy preponderance of 'nutters' who, I am sure, the producers are hoping will appear to suggest that all UKIPpers are like that.

Channel 5, this time. The one thing this says to me is that the media luvvies are frightened of UKIP and are doing all they can to try to discredit them.

The feeble minded might be swayed, but not I.

Exactly my thoughts... Ukip has now a very strong following and are a threat to the main parties so there should have been a wider selection of followers ... maybe they did and edited it just to show the nutters like that woman who reckons the EU is going to microchip us all :eek: :eek: fishermen talked sense though

Yes, out of the many interviewees, the fisherman, the cabbie and the eloquent Henry (can't remember what he did) were the only 'normal' people.

That was exactly my thought when I was watching it: that they edited it for entirely political reasons.

I hope it backfires on them.

yes just remember they all have agendas so next time we get a benefits or immigration program on the telly just remember how manipulative they can be
they often demonise any individual or group unfairly to sell the program or paper

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-gbGB493GB493&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=british%20definition

Excellent!

So, we can use the word 'British' but not the word 'Britain'! :LOL:

As above, just say 'UK'.

Go on, then. I say 'British' or 'Brits' when referring to the occupants of this land. Surely, that would exclude the Northern Irish.

What word(s) should I use to be absolutely correct? :LOL:

Yes British if from Britain not the UK, and of course some people from NI are from British stock and see themselves as British. But they are not British just because they are from NI.

A person from Northern Ireland is Northern Irish as you say ,and you are quite right to exclude people from NI when you use the term British - as you won't know if they consider themselves to be so.

I don't see why it should be hard to know the difference between UK and GB?

A loyal unionist from NI is British through and through and would jump at the chance to defend the Crown.
And for anyone who thinks they need not stand to attention when the national anthem is played he will take serious issue with them.
(like knock their tripe out)
If he's catholic he's an irish rebel and not too bothered about the Crown.

God Save the Queen.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

UKIP are all for Europe but anti EU.
Big difference.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

You anti-UKIP people are scraping the barrel now. UKIP stands for UK independence from the EU regardless of whether or not they have any seats in Scotland. In fact, they are your last opportunity for the freedom of your country, sonny, whether you like it or not.

If you really believe they are a one-issue party, why don't you read this:

http://www.ukip.org/100_days_till_the_election_100_reasons_to_vote_ukip

Not one issue: 100 issues. You never know, you might even find yourself agreeing with some of them!

You anti-UKIP people are scraping the barrel now. UKIP stands for UK independence from the EU regardless of whether or not they have any seats in Scotland. In fact, they are your last opportunity for the freedom of your country, sonny, whether you like it or not.

If you really believe they are a one-issue party, why don't you read this:

http://www.ukip.org/100_days_till_the_election_100_reasons_to_vote_ukip

Not one issue: 100 issues. You never know, you might even find yourself agreeing with some of them!
The closer UKIP get towards power the dirtier it will get, they will throw every thing at UKIP except the kitchen sink, the established parties regard the UKIP threat as some sort of peasants revolt.

I think I understand the detail of our politics and history, yet I often say 'Britain' when, to be perfectly correct, I should say 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Bit of a mouthful, isn't it?

As above, just say 'UK'.

what about the Isle of Man is it part of Britain or the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back