The most frightening video you will ever watch

Hey Sooey, how did that video go down on the medical forums you post on? Which ones were they again?

Sponsored Links
I follow your reasoning, but I think that if you catch Covid 19 after having had the vaccine, the Vaccine vastly reduces Covids efficacy, thus making it weaker.

The thinking is, that all vaccinated people who catch the virus are far less likely to pass it on.

The whole purpose of vaccines, is to reduce the amount of the virus in circulation, so lessening the chances of mutations.
The vaccine primes your immune system so when it identifies a pattern it has seen before it quickly and efficiently scales up to squash it. I nwhcih case the virus has far less time to reproduce and so, less time to mutate.
mrna_vaccine.png

world renowned (Amongst other vaccinologists, for the pedant Bernard Green) expert in vaccinology.
evidence says he isnt:

rsearchGate lists only 8 scientific papers, all older than 15 years, only 2 of which deal with viruses

Sponsored Links
Vanden Bossche is one of a whole load of people worldwide who are setting themselves up as great authorities and find a host, then make radical claims.
Maybe it's to get a ton of money on the pop lecturing circuit, selling books, I don't know.
You can find bunches of doctors publishing papers to say that vaccines don't work and have never worked, for example. Climate, smoking, fad diets, cholesterol doesn't increase risk of heart disease, - you name it.

This guy is doing what most of them do - assert a few half-truths , ignore what isn't convenient and come to attention grabbing conclusions.
He says it's not rocket science and it's not, and it doesn't take much education to see that overall, he's wrong.

Notch7's list, about post #23 I think, looks about right.

I watched the video on high speed so I may be slightly off here or there but:
  • I think he asserts that the covid vaccines aren't vaccines. B01l0cks. There's a number of different types of vaccines, and the covid ones fit right in there.
  • He says they only prevent symptoms developing, and not transmission. No, vaccines promote resistance, so if you get the virus, it may still replicate using the lytic pathway (if you remember your GCSE) but it'll have a harder time. If you have less of it you're more likely to be asymptomatic and/ot not be a spreader, either way. The covid-vaccine-induced resistance is essentially the same as natural resistance resulting from infection, so it's just as capable qualitatively, of eliminating the virus. So what he's saying is at best, only partly true.
    (This I won't explain here and it's an expectation not proven - It is expected that the response to vaccines would be somewhat different from the response to disease. If in the disease the B and T cells decrease and this hinders the type of response that makes high affinity antibodies, in a vaccine the response is more controlled – more T-dependent response and less extrafollicular (spleen/lymph) response. So better longer-lived antibodies and memory B cells will be made from the beginning.)
  • He says that these vaccines prevent the body making its own better/proper immune reaction. B01l0cks. If the initial defenceds aren't enough the body will go on to make more. If they are enough, what's the problem?
  • He claims that having an immunity to one strain somehow makes it mutate into another one. Excrement.
  • He says it's like antibiotic resistance - seductive but only partly true.
He implies that naturally-developed resistance would be better than vaccine-induced. Actually no, because a vaccine can cover a wide spectrum of strains, whereas your natural resistance would only cover the one you got. Natural immunity is of course at the cost of being infected with disease, which could kill you or leave you in a mess.

Quite a lot of what he's saying would be more true of things called monoclonal antibodies, which are artificially produced, specific antibodies cloned in a way which is interesting but I won't go into. There is controversy around those and some problems such as he's describing, have been seen. They aren't vaccines, and aren't used as such. Maybe Trump got one as what he called a remedial, I don't think we know. Very expensive.

You can ask who the hell I am to be contradicting vanden Bossche, I'm not a Dr. Actually I did a PhD, but not in a relevant field. I'm a retired engineer. As a hobby really, I teach part time, including some GCE and A level biology. There's a hell of a lot online, so it's not hard to learn about. You don't have to have much knowledge to point things out ...

IF what he's claiming is appropriate to claim, then we'd all not have escaped other diseases which have been killed off by vaccine, as others have mentioned, and there would be other outcomes we don't see.

And, more importantly, as he says, it's not rocket science.
But the rest of the world's doctors are not agreeing with him, are they?

Back