Thermostatic Radiator valves.

Well I have plenty of suggestions there!
Is there not one that is head and shoulders above the rest?
Are they all ok for a single pipe system?

Henry :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Breesey said:
gas4you said:
I have now swapped to the new Siemens trade trv and locksheild packs. Very impressed with quality and style and are also cheaper than any other make ;)

What's the performance like? :eek:

I've only fitted around 40 at present but so far no complaints, and I'm impressed by the build quality ;) They also come as 8mm, 10mm and 15mm in one box. No turning up on site with the wrong size that I have done in the past :eek: :oops:

Henryv said:
Well I have plenty of suggestions there!
Is there not one that is head and shoulders above the rest?
Are they all ok for a single pipe system?

Henry :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you really have a single pipe system?

What do you mean exactly?

Sponsored Links
Indeed. So you really do have a one pipe system? How old is it? How old is your property?

Not exactly sure.
I would say the building is over 40 years old and the system will be similar.

Henry.

Breesey said:
Indeed. So you really do have a one pipe system? How old is it? How old is your property?

OK. Not that it matters! The TRV will work all the same. Would be interesting if could say for sure that you have a one pipe system rather than a two pipe system making you think it's a one pipe! :D

Yes it is a one pipe for definite.
Confirmed by the gas board and a plumber.

Henry.

'fraid so Bob,
The radiators furthest from the boiler never get as hot as the rest.

Henry.

Henryv said:
Thanks Chris,
Which Myson was it? TRV11?
Are they ok for a single pipe system?
Approx' how much are they?

Henry.

ChrisR said:
Honeywell VT200's are also pretty.

None of them last very long though. I don't find TRV4's particularly good. The pin is in plastic and very thin, so sticks easily. Recently fitted some Mysons which were far more robust, with a completely brass valve.

Hold your horses guys :rolleyes:

Is the OP saying he has a one pipe system :rolleyes:

If so then he/she requires special valves that are suitable, and for the record are not bi-directional, or at least I don't know one that is.

edit,
what happened there page 2 didn't show till after I posted :confused:

The Terrier TRV is a full flow valve. ie it will not put undue restriction into a one pipe system.

Henry, the fact that the rads furthest from the boiler don't get very hot is not necassarily an indication that you have a one pipe system.

Thanks Breesey,
I did not know I had until my old boiler cracked with a loud explosion.
The gas board engineers told me when the replaced the boiler.
Another plumber told me also.

Henry.

Breesey said:
The Terrier TRV is a full flow valve. ie it will not put undue restriction into a one pipe system.

Henry, the fact that the rads furthest from the boiler don't get very hot is not necassarily an indication that you have a one pipe system.

I wouldn't have replaced your boiler without changing to a current 2 pipe system :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back