Things that make you smile

Sponsored Links
I.e. If we're ever too offended to be able to respond objectively...we shouldn't respond.
blocks skitz. If someone has an emotional response, then so much the better for those who are discussing it all "rationally" to be made starkly aware of the depth of this passion even if the response is insulting and personal through the induced wrath and ire.

I.e. If we're ever too offended to be able to respond objectively...we shouldn't respond.
blocks skitz. If someone has an emotional response, then so much the better for those who are discussing it all "rationally" to be made starkly aware of the depth of this passion even if the response is insulting and personal through the induced wrath and ire.

I disagree. There is no point trying to discuss anything rationally with someone acting irrationally.

Sponsored Links
I disagree. There is no point trying to discuss anything rationally with someone acting irrationally.
We will have to agree to disagree then, even though I'm right (based on thesis/antithesis in the guise of rational/irrational argument);)

We will have to agree to disagree then, even though I'm right ;)
:), atleast in future I hope people realise that if I have offended them that they shouldn't take it wasn't intended to be personal, so even if they disagree, they won't be too offended. ...only time will tell.

atleast in future I hope people realise that if I have offended them that they shouldn't take it wasn't intended to be personal, so even if they disagree, they won't be too offended.
and vice versa here skitz. You've enjoyed a bit of name calling too in the past when it's not been going entirely your way. Like I said elsewhere - new beginnings.

atleast in future I hope people realise that if I have offended them that they shouldn't take it wasn't intended to be personal, so even if they disagree, they won't be too offended.
and vice versa here skitz. You've enjoyed a bit of name calling too in the past when it's not been going entirely your way. Like I said elsewhere - new beginnings.

:) I can be baited yes :p
Skitzee2k... Blas..... Dex and lifesag...maybe not him yet.., in ..."A new hope" *dumb dumb dumb daaa DAAA, da da da daaaaaaa, daaa...* < Star wars theme.

Proves my point about people getting emotional about comments made on here ;) You can't possibly be suggesting that you will never let a bit of baiting get the better of you again skitz

Skitzee2k... Blas..... Dex and lifesag...maybe not him yet.., in ..."A new hope" *dumb dumb dumb daaa DAAA, da da da daaaaaaa, daaa...* < Star wars theme.
Two references to star wars now skitz. Was this allegory part of your MA, presumably alongside the high moral and religious storylines in Star Trek also :evil:

Proves my point about people getting emotional about comments made on here ;) You can't possibly be suggesting that you will never let a bit of baiting get the better of you again skitz
:
I have no doubt that when baited intentionally that people will answer in a similar way, what I am suggesting is if you are trying to discuss some abstract idea or concept, it does no good introducing irrational emotion into it. In a slagging match you can't really make matters any worse than they already are :)
Two references to star wars now skitz. Was this allegory part of your MA, presumably alongside the high moral and religious storylines in Star Trek also :evil:
Was never a fan of Star Trek, though we did touch on the Jedi/Sith relationship and other movies like The Matrix with it's 'Trinity' 'Zion' and 'the one' being betrayed' by one of their own ;).....The Star War's references are because 'Blue Harvest' is on in the background.

I have no doubt that when baited intentionally that people will answer in a similar way, what I am suggesting is if you are trying to discuss some abstract idea or concept, it does no good introducing irrational emotion into it.
All very well, but give me an example of a discussion of an abstract idea/concept discussed on here (to your knowledge), or one likely to be :confused:

I have no doubt that when baited intentionally that people will answer in a similar way, what I am suggesting is if you are trying to discuss some abstract idea or concept, it does no good introducing irrational emotion into it.
All very well, but give me an example of a discussion of an abstract idea/concept discussed on here (to your knowledge), or one likely to be :confused:

2 that spring to mind is. Does 'evil' only exist in the eye of the beholder? and 'Does reason for a crime change what that crime is?' i.e. If you murder someone for being a murderer does that excuse your murder or are you still a murderer?

Both are questions I know, but in answering these two questions a lot of ill feeling sprung up due to emotion getting in the way of reason.

Sponsored Links
Back