Things that make you smile

I can't remember these threads as being posted in their own right. Maybe I missed them. I can remember exemplifications of these issues being discussed (and the general arguments nearly taking over as potential hijacks) - as such they were bound to invoke passionate viewpoints and stances since they were based on real and tragic incidents and experiences, and not simply abstract concepts.

And therein lies the problem - once you give a real life example (which surely must exist), rationality will more or less inexorably be thrown out of the window.

Sponsored Links
And therein lies the problem - once you give a real life example (which surely must exist), rationality will more or less inexorably be thrown out of the window.

Only if you let it. I think both of these examples were about the Soham Murders...did you know them? Did anyone on these forum know them? I highly doubt it. Which raises the question, how can we not talk rationally about this but can joke about the almost ten million people killed by Hitler (which I am sure included plenty of children)? And i'm sure we can talk about African wars civil wars without someone getting overly sensitive about the men, women and children raped and killed or brainwashed into child armies and start acting irrational and getting aggressive with anyone that disagrees with a well thought out argument...

All I am saying is that we can't start refusing to talk about things just incase someone somewhere is going to get offended...especially when they have little reason to be. Otherwise we'll be going the same way that the muslims did over those Danish Cartoons.

All I am saying is that we can't start refusing to talk about things just incase someone somewhere is going to get offended...especially when they have little reason to be. Otherwise we'll be going the same way that the muslims did over those Danish Cartoons.
Don't mention those on here :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

We can joke about many things because sufficient time has passed for us to have come to terms with it. Subject matters such as soham are too close to home for some on here. Discussion about the issues involved are going to touch a load of raw nerves.

We can joke about many things because sufficient time has passed for us to have come to terms with it. Subject matters such as soham are too close to home for some on here. Discussion about the issues involved are going to touch a load of raw nerves.

...i guess this is where I don't follow it. I find the murders of these two girls terrible, but no more terrible than the murders of any other children that I don't know. I'm sure we could all discuss the rights and wrongs of killings that have happened in the Uk that haven't been reported...or from around the world, so why do someone people only identify and therefore get overly sensitive with SOME strangers murders? I would completely understand if they were affected directly by the case, but if they haven't they have as much right as I have to seeth over it....and if I can stay calm and objective...why can't they?

Sponsored Links
I would completely understand if they were affected directly by the case, but if they haven't they have as much right as I have to seeth over it....and if I can stay calm and objective...why can't they?
For some on here, they were affected by the case - one was a copper at the time and was involved in the exhumation of the soham girl's corpses, and another lives in the area of the bolger case and knows people directly linked. Too close for comfort.

As such, their pain is real and their nerves raw. You'll not get much rationality from them in the same way I never got any rationality from my father about the war and what the germans did to him, his friends and their families.

And who can blame them for their pain, anger and misery?

Certainly, I would never hold that against them, if they were involved I could understand irrational responses. Yet you would think they would realise that people that aren't involved are going to have different opinions and it might not be best to drag up these raw emotions by discussing it on a forum.

To each their own tho. night

Certainly, I would never hold that against them, if they were involved I could understand irrational responses. Yet you would think they would realise that people that aren't involved are going to have different opinions and it might not be best to drag up these raw emotions by discussing it on a forum.

To each their own tho.
Yet another example (and there are many here), of your supercilious attitude to everything and everyone. You are without doubt the most obnoxious individual on this and indeed any other forum I am a member of. You have a complete personality bypass. You show no compassion toward anyone. Dex is all for giving everyone a chance. All decent members here have a great degree of patience but you've had more chances than a game of monopoly. I and many others I PM with find you totally repugnant. You are devoid of any form of humanity. Your outlook on life is driven purely by logic. I know a great deal of decent, warm, happy, likeable people. Some are of average intelligence (like myself), some are highly intelligent yet they all have compassion. They are not pure logic machines. And that I think is what you are, you're a machine. God help anyone that has the misfortune to know and/or be involved with you. You really are a very dislikeable individual. Of course I realise you don't care what I or anyone else thinks about you as that would interfere with logic and that just wouldn't do would it? There are other people like yourself that are emotionally removed from society. Thankfully most of them are held in a Secure Unit under the mental health act. I didn't realise some of you had access to the internet. There is one thing I admire about you skitzee and that is your ability to type in that straight jacket!

Yet you would think they would realise that people that aren't involved are going to have different opinions and it might not be best to drag up these raw emotions by discussing it on a forum.
Perhaps with the passing of time the raw emotions are a less of a cross to bare and now they feel able to discuss with others the things that happen in the real world if you don't like whats written by others don't read it but if you must, then learn to bite your tongue and tolerate.

To each their own tho.
Yet another example (and there are many here), of your supercilious attitude to everything and everyone. You are without doubt the most obnoxious individual on this and indeed any other forum I am a member of. You have a complete personality bypass. You show no compassion toward anyone. Dex is all for giving everyone a chance. All decent members here have a great degree of patience but you've had more chances than a game of monopoly. I and many others I PM with find you totally repugnant. You are devoid of any form of humanity. Your outlook on life is driven purely by logic. I know a great deal of decent, warm, happy, likeable people. Some are of average intelligence (like myself), some are highly intelligent yet they all have compassion. They are not pure logic machines. And that I think is what you are, you're a machine. God help anyone that has the misfortune to know and/or be involved with you. You really are a very dislikeable individual. Of course I realise you don't care what I or anyone else thinks about you as that would interfere with logic and that just wouldn't do would it? There are other people like yourself that are emotionally removed from society. Thankfully most of them are held in a Secure Unit under the mental health act. I didn't realise some of you had access to the internet. There is one thing I admire about you skitzee and that is your ability to type in that straight jacket!

I must say, I have never met someone with such a fear of logic.

Yet you would think they would realise that people that aren't involved are going to have different opinions and it might not be best to drag up these raw emotions by discussing it on a forum.
Perhaps with the passing of time the raw emotions are a less of a cross to bare and now they feel able to discuss with others the things that happen in the real world if you don't like whats written by others don't read it but if you must, then learn to bite your tongue and tolerate.

I would never suggest someone not say something because I don't like it, what I am suggesting is that if things are so raw that they have a hard time dealing with people speaking about them logically, then maybe it would be better for them if they didn't join in in debates about it on the internet.
If they do feel up to debating ideas or concepts...great, but if they choose to debate they then can't use the fact that they are too raw to debate as an excuse for bad behaviour.

To each their own tho.

I must say, I have never met someone with such a fear of logic.
I've never met anyone with such a fear of basic human emotion. I'd be amazed if you've ever 'met' anyone ever! Human interaction is far too wrapped up in emotion for you to get involved in. Your reply simply endorses my point... you're a Machine! The quicker you lose your internet privilege and go back to your padded cell the better.

I've never met anyone with such a fear of basic human emotion. I'd be amazed if you've ever 'met' anyone ever! Human interaction is far too wrapped up in emotion for you to get involved in. Your reply simply endorses my point... you're a Machine! The quicker you lose your internet privilege and go back to your padded cell the better.

How do I fear human emotion? I just know that there is a time and place for it, and it isn't in a reasonable (also known as logical) debate.
Can we just agree that we don't get on and ignore eachother instead of this pointless back and forth? I will take a non response as a yes and will do the same.

Not exactly an episode of Mr and Mrs going on here at the moment :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back