Think Before You Vote

must bring ALL the indigeous ex-pats back too going back the same number of generations/millenia

That'll clear the criminal element out of Australia then! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
must bring ALL the indigeous ex-pats back too going back the same number of generations/millenia

That'll clear the criminal element out of Australia then! :LOL:
Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours.....

Think Tony Hatch wrote that theme tune after he ex-patted himself over there. He was also the composer of the theme tune to "Crossroads". Truly a sad loss to the UK when he left - we need him back (if he's still alive)! That alone justifies my vote for the BNP

Spain! Thought it was Oz. Ah well. Wonder if he was involved with theme tune to "ElDorado".

Actually, wonder how he make a living nowadays. He can't have made enough by being a judge on New Faces

Sponsored Links
Just pulled this off his website;

'From 1985 - 1995 (whilst living in Sydney) Tony was producer and musical director of Australia’s largest annual live televised festival of Christmas music ‘Carols in the Domain’. Tony has been guest conductor in popular music concerts with the BBC Radio Orchestra, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra and major Australian symphony orchestras.

Tony’s ‘Sounds of the Seventies’ instrumental theme provided the inspiration and original samples for the Pepe deluxe record ‘Woman in Blue’ which became the theme music for the Levi’s jeans commercial and a top twenty hit in 2002.

He is currently recording a new instrumental album and also about to launch a one-man show, featuring his many songs, some new ones and just ‘telling it like it is’. Retired? No way!

Tony has been associated with the Variety Club, the “Children’s Charity”, since 1982 and was chief barker (president) of the Variety Club of Australia from 1987 - 1990 during which time he produced the 1989 Variety Clubs International convention in Sydney. He has also served as International President and as chief barker of Tent 36, the Variety club of Great Britain.

Tony has lived and worked in the UK, Eire & Australia he now lives in Menorca (Spain) with his wife, Maggie, and commutes regularly to the UK. '

But do we actually need religion to be moral? I really don't think so.
Think it's to do with who is the "ultimate" judge when, for example, we die
So it's ok for a verdict to be passed by a judge that can't even be proven to exsist, lets use that idea in the old bailey then

'Twas Karl Marx, and he wasn't using the expression to attack religion - it has been much misused in that context
Miss quoted yes but the point is still valid
And then there's the huge amount of time and money that has been spent and the wars that have been fought all in the name of religion!
Think that most wars did have other motives; religion was used as a moral justification for the deaths and unpleasantries involved.[/quote] There have been plenty of religious wars from the crusades to the exterminations of armenian christians but yes greed has also played a part in most wars, but the time and money ascpect cannot be denied, peasents living in hovels paying 1/10 of their income to the church to build ever grander catherdrals in europe and the same thing is still evident in the middle east and the caste system of India

Opps I seem to have cocked up some of the quoting here. :oops: .

ladylola, it seems to me that one thing that "mankind" has spent a great deal of time and effort thinking about is the purpose of his existence. (Sorry if I adopt the masculine gender throughout, just a "grammatical" habit I'm afraid which I hope doesn't offend). As humans are by and large mostly successful when they combine socially, it makes sense for a group mentality to take place with certain agreed beliefs and structures. Thus different "religions" are formed, and being different, and humans being not only tribal but competitive, it is natural for one group to feel that their views have greater universal truth than another's. Thus friction occurs, and wars follow which have these differences as an integral part of their justification. Included within these frictions are religious, political, financial, greed, self-preservation etc etc etc, all intermingled.

Sometimes, one parameter may seem to take greater importance than the others, but they all play a part.

So that's the bigger picture as I see it.

History repeats itself, century's ago there were the Crusades, we tried to teach Christianity to the Muslim world, they are now trying to impose their religion on us, what's changes?

Wotan

History repeats itself, century's ago there were the Crusades, we tried to teach Christianity to the Muslim world, they are now trying to impose their religion on us, what's changes?

Wotan
Exactly - we tend to forget that Christianity is only a couple of thousand years old. Religions come and religions go. People can believe what they want - the trouble comes from trying to "enforce" beliefs, which is basically one type of tribe trying to expand and encompass another

This is more for LAMB the athiest.
Sorry newgas, can't argue at the moment..............Far too busy shaking the dust off my prayer mat ............ (in preparation for a damn good pray and,of course, inciting hatred towards all non-believers)...:rolleyes:

But I'll get back to you with my solution on this subject........ ;)

By all accounts, the majority of people in this country are of first, second or third generation immigrants now.

I would seriously doubt that.
Thought this was conducive with the scaremongering going on within this thread and the BNP's lunatic outpourings on the matter. But, as a second generation pole/welshman (with hereditary lineage reaching into German, Russian and (more embarrassingly/worryingly) - West Midlands threads) myself, I may be wrong.

Edit - that pie charts indicates 15% presumably non-desirables. So what's the worry if the other 85% are still running the show?

Dex, you may well have a diverse pedigree, but we're not talking race... we're talking religion. This country, for a long time has been a Christian country, but Christianity is not a strong religion, and i'd say is actually receding.

Like Rooney`s hairline

This is more for LAMB the athiest.
Sorry newgas, can't argue at the moment..............Far too busy shaking the dust off my prayer mat ............ (in preparation for a damn good pray and,of course, inciting hatred towards all non-believers)...:rolleyes:

But I'll get back to you with my solution on this subject........ ;)
Noone is asking you to argue :confused:

Just have a look at the links and then comment,You might not have atheist veiws after seeing them :D
if you think all religious people incite hatred,you are deluded to a point of ignorance that your posts show clearly, you might be educated if you come out of your little bubble, silly lamb ;)

How many times do I have to say It's the politicians and the extreme upper classes that divide and rule, and muppets fall for all the media hype. I don't fall for it and I keep trying to warn others of the danger of it including people of all faiths and beliefs.

Ill get you a really nice mat if your's is worn out, i have loads ;)

Sponsored Links
Back