Thorn EMI Apollo 40 boiler

You asked about the room thermostat, but again there isn't one, I will instal that together with a cylinder stat which is also lacking.
Thanks for the wiring diags. I take it that I need to follow the last one and not the previous one you gave me?

Do I still need the HW to ON link removed?

The answer to your last question is : Yes

When you have decided on which timeswitch, thermostat and cyclinder stat you are going to use, let me know and I can do a wiring diagram for you.

Good luck

Sponsored Links
I will be using the Sunvic Select 207XL programmer, Sunvic SA 1452 cylinder t/stat and the Sunvic TLX 4101 room t/stat. The 3 port valve is standard colour wiring I assume so wouldn't matter which I bought.

I would appreciate any more help with a wiring diagram as you suggested previously.

Many thanks, John

As you are using Sunvic parts, here is the URL of the Sunvic wiring diagram for a Y Plan (they call it Unishare, but its the same thing) I suggest you print it off for reference.

http://www.sunvic.co.uk/uniselect.pdf

I take it you do not have an Apollo Timer/Selector. But if you do, just disconnect all the wires from the timer 6-way plug to the Terminal block

The main changes are to the pump and boiler wiring.

1. The boiler must have a permanent supply to it: this is shown as the dotted line from terminal 1 of the junction box. It goes to the Mains L terminal in the boiler.

2. The pump should be connected to the Pump L and N terminals not to terminal 9 as in the Sunvic Diagram.

3. The only other connection to the boiler is from Sunvic Terminal 8 to the ON terminal on the boiler (this is the one next to the Pump N)

There should be NO connections to the boiler HW CH or CH OFF terminals and NO link between HW and ON.

The link from Sunvic Terminal 8 to 9 to 10 are really superfluous. The boiler is actually fed from terminal 8.

Just so you don't get confused, the Apollo Y plan wiring diagram I posted earlier assumes that the Apollo Timer and Selector is being used.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your reply, it is very much appreciated. I have printed off all your info and will let you know if it all works out OK.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back