Tiles, Suite or boxing-in first???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just finished building my downstairs toilet. The next step is to get the Floor tiled, get the suite in and box in all the pipes.

Only, i'm not sure exactly what order to do it all in, to get the best finish.

My plan was to get the floor tiled first, that way the suite can just sit straight on top, minimising the amount of cut tiles. But this would mean i'd have to drill through some of the tiles to box in the soil and waste pipe as we have solid floors.

Any ideas on how to best go about it?

Sponsored Links
mrmark said:
My plan was to get the floor tiled first, that way the suite can just sit straight on top
Also you will know the correct soil pipe line up to the wall.
But this would mean i'd have to drill through some of the tiles to box in the soil and waste pipe as we have solid floors.
Any ideas on how to best go about it?
It's up to you, I would tile the wall 1st and use the correct hole cutter to cut the hole through the wall tiles.

Masona,

The soil pipe exits the house throught a small cupboard, so no worries there.

It's only the floor thats being tiled. But, due to the location of the loo, there will be a couple of meters of exposed pipe, also from the waste on the sink. Hence the reason for the boxing.

I'm just worried that if I start drilling the tiles to fix the battens for the boxing, tiles might start to crack!!!

mrmark said:
I'm just worried that if I start drilling the tiles to fix the battens for the boxing, tiles might start to crack!!!
Like I says it's up to you and how you want it to looks. Should use a brand new masonary drill and no-hammer action should make life easier.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely...

I'd be gutted it the tiles got broke after all that hard work.

What do you think, regarding skirting and architrave... Before or after the tiler???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back