Tiling help. Cutting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do people cut holes in tiles.

I am looking to the best way to cut squares out of them to go over the socket points.

Lots of time you can cut 2 tiles to go round the socket, but sometimes one tiles covers the whole socket.

What do people use to cut these square holes out.

Thnaks

Sponsored Links
Rota-zip, dremel with tile cutting attachment or take the blade cover of a wet diamond cutter and lower the tile onto the blade VERY CAREFULLY.

Jason

Thanks for the advice.

tried to find a rota-zip. Cant find them anywhere on the web. Anyone know where to get one from.

I know i can get a dremel but a rota would do more jobs and it more use for more cutting jobs.

If not. How long does the diamond cutters last for the dremel.

Thanks

The zip & dremel are really only any good for ceramics, they will take ages to cut natyral stone, even longer on porcelain, if atall. Go for the wet diamond, a mid range plasplug one for about £30 will do and still be cheaper than the other two options.

Jason

Sponsored Links
lochboy and pin hammer. You can get them from tools 4 tilers. Works easily.

The way I've done holes for sockets is to get a tile drill and drill holes in the corners of the hole, then get a tile saw and feed the saw blade through the hole before tightening up the saw. Then join the dots/holes. Only works on standard sized tiles, otherwise you need a tile saw with a deeper throat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back