tiling problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of having a new bathroom fit. The plumber has left for the day and so i have just been to see how it looks. The tiles we have chosen are quite big and I can see into the gap between the tile and the wall that he hasnt put adhesive all over the wall he has put blobs in each corner and the middle. I am concerned that the only thing keeping water from seeping in and running down the gap between the wall and the tile will be grout. is this acceptable? :?:

Sponsored Links
It's not the way to do it but it gets done that way all the time. If it actually gets water on it then it's not acceptable. If it's in an area that is dry then it would probably be OK - but it isn't right.

As its inside the shower its going to be getting wet all the time. not sure what to do about it

Tell him you aren't happy. You are the one paying for it to be done properly - not bodged.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back