to late tp powerflush?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just replaced an old combi boiler for the baxi 105 last week, and the plumber did a chemical flush only.

However seem to be reading that a powerflush should have been done really.

My question, how important would a powerflush have been, and is it too late to do one now.

Sponsored Links
What exactly do you know of what he did - which chemicals, how long for?
Did you have any circulation problems, or poor hot water blamed on sludge/scale?
Did you see the colour of the water?
Was he corgi regd and what did he put in the Benchmark Log book!??

It's never too late.

ok very sketchy details i know but here goes...

Chemical was some liquid called sentinel
Yes he is corgi reg, and he was forwarded to us by our kitchen fitter from mfi as preinstallation work to our kitchen being fitted.
No circulation probs as such
And the clour of the water was a light brown .
No idea about log book

Sponsored Links
I dont have time to powerflush as I am too busy doing paperwork, next april I wont even have time to actually fit the appliance as I will have to spend the fitting time doing more paperwork and sending more money to corgi , from next April I will just get the money off the customer, distribute it too corgi, building control, environment agency and other hangers on and just fill in the paperwork, this will suit the green brigade as nothing will actually be burning any gas as the old appliances die off, basically I should be gratefull you have actually got a boiler fitted and working and not worry about "powerflush".
Did I actually use too many actuallys, :rolleyes:
Feel like a rock star with these hangers on "thank you very much" huh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back