toilet pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have rented out a house via a letting agent. In their recent inspection report, they said
"The tenant reported that the rear of the toilet is leaking slightly. When I was present I took several photos (in the report). I can see from the pipe to the rear that there was a droplet on it however it didn’t drop the whole time I was there. It’s difficult to know if it’s condensation or a very slow leak. "

I'd like to ask you guys the pipe in the photo is the water inlet pipe or overflow pipe? The toilet is a conventional float valve type toilet on the 1st floor. I suppose if it is inlet pipe, the water would be constant due to pressure not just droplet? I want to make sure which pipe it is before calling a plumber with £60 call out charge.

It's not possible for me to see it myself (in another city) and the agent is also not sure.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 98
  • toilet2.jpg
    toilet2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Overflow pipe, try tightening the nut slightly and check inside cistern for lowering water level and adjust

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back