Tony Blair

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date

2scoops0406

All this media hysteria about will he won't he, and when. Has no one pointed out to anyone in power, that no one cares?

In fact I can give the headline for the article, "The prime Minister Tony Blair was replaced today by Gordon Brown".... and now onto other news..... Blah blah blah......

Sponsored Links
It's far too little, and far too late.

I knew he was lying about the reasons for invading Iraq, so as far as I'm concerned every cabinet minister that did not resign, and every MP that supported him are either too stupid to be allowed to do their job or too cowardly or venal to be allowed to do their job.

And that's before we get started on his earlier attitudes against asylum seekers, benefit claimants etc, and his appalling assaults on individual freedoms and civil liberties.

Tony Blair and his dogs did something that not one Tory government ever managed to do - they made me ashamed of my country.

His legacy is that I will not vote for his party again, until he, and every other MP associated with him and his dreadful regime have left.

ban-all-sheds said:
Tony Blair and his dogs did something that not one Tory government ever managed to do - they made me ashamed of my country.

His legacy is that I will not vote for his party again, until he, and every other MP associated with him and his dreadful regime have left.

You must have a short memory, or a very selective one

I think Tony's hanging on because he truly believes that 'things can only get better' and he can go out on something approaching more of a high point than he is at now, with no regard for the governing of the country in the meantime.

Hopefully, he will have some conversion and admit that he hasn't lived up to his promises and has disappointed a lot of people, but I doubt it.

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
..Hopefully, he will have some conversion and admit that he hasn't lived up to his promises and has disappointed a lot of people, but I doubt it.

To the celebrity status he desires ...

It has all been written ...
"There 's daggers in men's smiles".

"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't."
"I bear a charmed life".
"Fair is foul, and foul is fair".

"All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand."

"I have no spur to prick the sides of my intent, but only vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, and falls on the other."
"If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me".

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

:rolleyes:

I expect he thinks he's doing the best anyone could. Bosses usually think that, and also that no-one else could do as well, so it's his duty to stay until someone as good as himself emerges.

Sadly politicians at the top almost never retire when they're popular, they almost always wait until they're so thoroughly unwanted that they get chucked out.

empip said:
"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"[/i]

Ah, yes, Lady Macbeth cursing her dog, Spot, and telling him to go into the garden.

Do you think he might go for a swim?

stingray.jpg

vokera80e said:
Do you think he might go for a swim?

stingray.jpg

Not without 3,000 spinners and press agents to help rays a laugh !
:D

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.--Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.

something to do with his dad kicking the bucket,and his uncle taking the throne...long time ago..alas poor yorath,i knew him well.

vokera80e said:
To Grunt and Sweat under a Weary Life...

Alas poor work,i knew it well...

Old and tired but ....

KILROY was here !!
Alas poor YORLIK for I knew him backwards !

Actually he seems to have Junior Ministers jumping ship left, right and centre at the moment. Maybe a big-gun could land a killer blow......

Where's Robin Cook when you need him ?

I reckon he will have to name the date before the end of the week, the way this thing is snowballing. Personally I am sick of the sight of him.

Sponsored Links
Back