Tony Blair

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date
Sad for him, that when he does announce his leaving date, everyone will believe that he was pushed into it. So much for a dignified handover.

Sponsored Links
(In reply to hermes) You'd think so, but then again, he's managed to ride out all sorts of stuff in the past, pretty much in the face of all popular opinion, so I'll believe it when I see it.....

There's a lot to be said for the American system of having a maximum of two terms at the helm as a) it prevents this sort of thing hamstringing government and b) they seem to go loopy after that long in power.

johnny_t said:
they seem to go loopy after that long in power.

Yes indeed, power corrupts, but I reckon it corrupts all the faster if they were a bit loopy before they were elected.

Sponsored Links
It'll be interesting to see how many rats leave the sinking ship ;) they'll all be saying ''we only went along with him because of this'' and ''I was against it in the beginning but no-one listened to me, I could have told you that etc :LOL:

Put your money on alan johnston becoming DPM...

Quick....Get down to the betting shop.

johnny_t said:
(In reply to hermes) You'd think so, but then again, he's managed to ride out all sorts of stuff in the past, pretty much in the face of all popular opinion, so I'll believe it when I see it......

did i just hear on the radio that 7 mp's have now resigned, I think I'll revise my forecast to a Thursday decision. :eek:

"Mr Watson and the six parliamentary private secretaries (PPSs) - who are unpaid ministerial aides at the bottom rung of the government ladder - were among 17 normally loyal Labour MPs who signed a letter calling on Mr Blair to quit. "

"The Sun newspaper said earlier that Mr Blair will go on 31 May, but Number 10 has insisted it had not leaked the date. "

The point I was trying to make, is why are politicians so far up their own backsides to think the we the great unwashed actually give a toss.

Pretty much the only thing he could do that would impress me today would be if he stood up, said something like 'I've had enough of this - I don't need all this sh*t, I'm going' and then just walked off leaving everyone open-mouthed in amazement. It will also make him look like he is in complete control of the situation again.

Personally, especially after the contempt he showed in pushing ahead with the US's determination to have a war in Iraq, I would love him to be driven off down Whitehall gazing out on jeering crowds holding up 'Good Riddance' banners whilst hundreds of thousands of eggs and rotting vegetables rained down on his car - I think it would be a reasonably pleasing image.....

Pretty much the only thing he could do that would impress me today would be if he stood up, said something like 'I've had enough of this - I don't need all this sh*t, I'm going' and then just walked off leaving everyone open-mouthed in amazement.
Then he'd turn back and say ''only joking'' :LOL:

Richardp said:
Pretty much the only thing he could do that would impress me today would be if he stood up, said something like 'I've had enough of this - I don't need all this sh*t, I'm going' and then just walked off leaving everyone open-mouthed in amazement.
Then he'd turn back and say ''only joking'' :LOL:

Oh yes, that would work too.......

Its a bit like people that say they are going to get engaged in a years time - Planning to get engaged means you are engaged. Same thing is going to apply to Tone if he says he is going to start leaving in a year - It means he's leaving so he may as well just go.

johnny_t said:
Personally, especially after the contempt he showed in pushing ahead with the US's determination to have a war in Iraq, I would love him to be driven off down Whitehall gazing out on jeering crowds holding up 'Good Riddance' banners whilst hundreds of thousands of eggs and rotting vegetables rained down on his car - I think it would be a reasonably pleasing image.....
I would love to see him greeted by a representative of the ICC with a warrant for his arrest....

Tone will ride off into the sunset humping a brace of 12 foot thick cheque booklets, leaving us to fight off the tartan hordes - yet again !
Brown must be put to the electorial sword -- The ballot box, he may be even less in evidence following that... On the other hand .. :D
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back