Tony Blair

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date
What about that funny thing Gordon Brown does with his chin when he draws breath?

Sponsored Links
Not long now until the big announcement, supposedly....

From what we've seen though, I don't think its going to be enough for him to say 'sometime soon' or 'probably by May' as I think people have seen him go back on stuff before. He needs to show a bit of leadership and not allow his personal vanity to overtake him, as he ain't going to look good if he has to be virtually crowbarred out of Downing Street, still clutching a desk and a framed photo of George.

Will be interested to see how it pans out, but I don't think Gordon Brown is going to get it. He's too closely associated with TB, and the way he keeps silent or lets friends do his dirty work on important issues (like Tony) isn't going to sit well.

Still, exciting times. I love news, me.......

tony tony tony

he is the one that had the bottle to send troops to afghanistan

and if you think they shouldnt be there think on the poppy fields as 98% of the heroin comes from that region

the un should be in there kicking the talibans assess :evil:

Sponsored Links
Well, my prediction......

Today's announcement isn't going to be considered anything like good enough by most of the parliamentary labour party. Several more resignations to follow and then it'll all be over for Tony by next Tuesday or Wednesday. Gets taxi to Sedgefield but gets instantly bored, stands down and they need a by-election, which Arthur Scargill wins.

Because of schedule for leadership contest, JP has to step up to the plate. Actually surprises everyone by not spooning it up as badly as everyone thinks he will.

Gordon Brown shunned by the party, David Milliband in. Has to call immediate General Election and the PM Dave steps in sometime around Christmas. Will accurately mirror the rise and fall of TB and we will see exactly the same thing in 10 years time.

Feel free to add your own predictions and lets see how many boxes we all tick..........

Slogger said:
tony tony tony

and if you think they shouldnt be there think on the poppy fields as 98% of the heroin comes from that region

Well about 70% if you believe google.

Slogger said:
tony tony tony

I was going to ask you if you had any idea how much of a mess Afghanistan is, or by how much the opium harvest has increased since the invasion.

But then I though what's the point - you know SFA about the world, and even when you look at it, the combination of blinkers and red mist means you don't understand what you see.

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:
tony tony tony

I was going to ask you if you had any idea how much of a mess Afghanistan is, or by how much the opium harvest has increased since the invasion.

But then I though what's the point - you know SFA about the world, and even when you look at it, the combination of blinkers and red mist means you don't understand what you see.
now your on the side of the TALIBAN ? :eek: how about supporting the troops BAS you know they are there for more than just the DRUG issue

getting personal again BAS tut tut ;)

Slogger said:
getting personal again BAS tut tut ;)
No - just commenting again on your woeful ignorance, and the fact that you seem to regard any action that involves violence as a good thing.

Did you know that under the Taliban, opium production was banned? And given that they had a fairly forthright attitude to law enforcement (a trait I would have thought you would admire), their ban was probably quite effective.

But in any event, 5 years after they were ejected from Afghanistan, and after 5 years of the country being run by the army and the "government" installed by the USA, opium production is now at record levels. What a stunning success.

now your on the side of the TALIBAN ?
True Slogger-logic there. I point out, truthfully, that the country is in a mess, and that makes me a supporter of the Taliban.

how about supporting the troops BAS you know they are there for more than just the DRUG issue
If you think that the best way to "support the troops" is to pretend that all is well over there, and to praise the idiots who sent them there in the first place, so be it.

the TALIBAN have actively pursued the growing of poppys to fund there fighing since 9/11 its a sad fact

our troops are there for a hidden agenda and also for the drug issue i for one have nothing but praise for the way we handle overseas affairs but its a shame the un doesnt have more teeth to do this sort of work as it is effecting the world not just he usa and uk

Slogger said:
the TALIBAN have actively pursued the growing of poppys to fund there fighing since 9/11 its a sad fact
Well - not since as far back as then, I suspect, but certainly they are now.

Another fact is that before the invasion, the Taliban had succeeded in reducing the opium crop from 4-5000 tons to less than 100. If we had not invaded then maybe there would have been no opium trade any more.

Another fact is that the invasion has made Afghanistan a more lawless place, not less.

Another fact is that the invasion does not seem to have put much of a crimp in Al-Qaeda's operations.

Another fact is that the USA has dealt in drugs in order to fund terrorist organisations, so why not the Taliban and Al-Qaeda? It doesn't make it right, but it does make the moral posturings of the US and its allies stink a bit.

our troops are there for a hidden agenda and also for the drug issue i for one have nothing but praise for the way we handle overseas affairs but its a shame the un doesnt have more teeth to do this sort of work as it is effecting the world not just he usa and uk
Afghan opium does not go to the USA, only Europe, so they probably aren't that bothered.

YOUR a funny one to understand

you know the TALIBAN is actively killing our troops and you know they harvest drugs that kill our young in the uk

yet you stand up for them ? cant you see that you have to take sides in a conflict

whos side are you on the uk forces trying there best to kill the taliban and destroy the drugs or will you simply say killing is wrong no matter what the reason
:eek:

get off the fence

Sponsored Links
Back