Top quality bathroom fan required!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People.

I need a top quality bathroom fan that moves a large quantity of air per hour.

Can anyone advise on who the market leaders in terms of quality are. I am ideally looking for a white fan.

Cheers

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
And remember that if you suck air OUT of the room there must be a way for the same amount of replacement air to get IN to the room.

If the replacement air cannot easily get into the room then the air pressure in the room drops and the fan efficiency drops.

Sponsored Links
Vent axia and xpelair are the main manufacturers.
manrose and Airflow are quite popular

Cetrifugal fans are more powerful, but also more bulky than Axial fans

Very underpowered fan IMO. Its only 75m³/hr.

I use the Icon fans - very stylish & powerful (the Icon 60 shifts 260 m³/hr) and you can add the module of your choice - timer, humidistat etc.

ICON FANS

ditto. one of the only nice looking fans on the market with great performance and versatility. not just available in white either

ditto. one of the only nice looking fans on the market with great performance and versatility. not just available in white either

We have had a few threads in the past that bring the reliability of the Icon fans into question, but that could just be due to the number of them fitted in bathrooms around the country. There's no question that on paper they look good, but you can't beat a ducted centrifugal fan.

Guys,

I do need a fan that can be ceiling mounted in the bathroom and preferably mounted over the bath After passing through the ceiling it will need some ducting to go either through the soffit or through a roof tile or similar. Are the Icons suited to this??

Cheers

Need Help21

The fans 1john has linked to are SELV (12v) fans. Will you need SELV? Where on the ceiling will it be located with reference to the bath?
How high is the ceiling?

Vent axia ACM100 - an inline fan with good extract rates.

Silavent and manrose do similar versions.

Its around 8 foot high and I did want to fan directly above the bath. It is a P shaped bath and directly above the shower part of the bath would be ace

8ft is 2.4metres

You will be OK to have a mains an there. Two provisos:
1. It must be rated as IP44 or better
2. It must be powered from a 30mA RCD-protected supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back