Touch Lamp

is the bathroom light a fluorescent type lamp such as a 2D fitting?

Sponsored Links
I've even got a really cracking problem - when you switch the bathroom light off, the outside security light comes on!!!!! Work that one out!
does the bathroom switch have three terminals? They've probably tried nicking a live feed from the switch( presuming its a PIR security fitting) as its near and just put the wire into the wrong terminal, easy to rectify.

Ooh, dunno if it does or not. The light is a PIR.

I think it was Stevie Wonder that did the electrics. For a year, every time I switched the electric shower on, the smoke alarm went off. Five electricians and a new smoke alarm later, it was still doing it. They resorted to telling me it was steam but it couldn't be cos it was happening the instant you pressed the button on the shower - so no steam had built up.

I almost held one of the sparkies prisoner and stood and nagged at him to please check the actual wiring into the smoke alarm. He kept telling me it couldn't be that, but he eventually humoured me and had a look. Apparently there was an earth wire floating about where it shouldn't have been and I think it was touching one of the live wires. He cut it off and it's been fine since!

is the bathroom light a fluorescent type lamp such as a 2D fitting?

No, its a flush fit light with an ordinary bulb in it - could be an energy bulb, but I've never looked.

I think it was Stevie Wonder that did the electrics.
:LOL: :LOL: He wasnt the sunshine of your life then?

If you are confident enough to do it safely check if you have a switch with three terminals or not.

If you can bypass the internal electronics then you could rewire the lamp and use an in-line touch dimmer!!

Sponsored Links
Regarding the lamp , why not run the wire direct into the lampholder bypassing the module.
I take it the holder is plastic as you have no earth wire.

That's what I was gonna do though I wasn't sure about the earth situation - but yeah the holder is plastic and according to the label on the bottom, it's double insulated??

I'll have to go and rummage the bloomin thing out of the bin though - see what happens when you turn your back for five minutes? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back