towerstat rf

cug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to fit a towerstat to a potterton performa the wiring diagram say remove the loop from connection 1 & fit to the thermostat do the same with connection 2 but that doest work can anyone help me out here please

Sponsored Links
pottertons tend to use 240v switching so you'll need to leave the link in the stat between the live and the the centre connection. Wire the stat to the boiler using the outer connections on the stat and to where they connect to the boiler this should be where a link bridges out the connection for external stat (remove this)

Leave stat set to P1 as all the other programs are a waste of time. Instructions aren't very user friendly either.

thanks for the reply i have removed the link between 1 & 2 & wired it in to both side of the stat but it does nt work do i need a neutral wire thanks

have you got the link in the stat between LIve and the centre of the 3 top connections. the stat NEEDS a seperate live and neutral feed. No earth .

Sponsored Links
have you got the link in the stat between LIve and the centre of the 3 top connections. the stat NEEDS a seperate live and neutral feed. No earth .
yeah the link is in i wired from connection 1 on the boiler in sl in & conection 2 to sl out

Right, you need 5 core flex, Boiler live to live of stat, boiler neutral to neutral of stat, 1 to sl, 2 to sl out, leave link in stat from Live to centre connection on top row.

Right, you need 5 core flex, Boiler live to live of stat, boiler neutral to neutral of stat, 1 to sl, 2 to sl out, leave link in stat from Live to centre connection on top row.
live on the stat is the one with the link in in the middle thanks for your help again.

Final time i hope, your stat has 3 connections acroos the top, 2 at the bottom.
Bottom row, neutral from boiler into neutral on stat. Live from boiler into live on bottom row of stat.(this has a link in also that goes to the centre terminal on top row).
Boiler connection for the thermostat now go into the 2 remaining free terminals on the top row of the stat.
Lee

Bottom row, neutral from boiler into neutral on stat. Live from boiler into live on bottom row of stat.(this has a link in also that goes to the centre terminal on top row).
Boiler connection for the thermostat now go into the 2 remaining free terminals on the top row of the stat.
Lee
i got it now took a while but i got it thanks again

Lee
i got it now took a while but i got it thanks again
is sl 1 the same as sl in & sl out the same as sl 2

there are only 2 connections on your stat and 2 on the boiler it shouldn't matter which way round they go in your case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back