Transformation of a block of flats into a single dwelling ho

we expect the reverse i.e. some kitchens and bathrooms are removed.

Who is 'we', again you are not referring to any regulation.

This is just 'your opinion', because I am aware of no regulation that says you have to rip out fittings.

Building regulation B about fire safety because the lack of door in case a fire spreads and Building Regulation F about ventilation because the pollutant from the car which goes everywhere in the house.

Approved documents are not the regulations.

Can you quote the regulation, and demonstrate they are not meeting it. And can you secondly demonstrate how this will affect planning departments decision, doubtful, as has been explained to you this is mostly irrelevant to them. They could put in a fire door, can't see how this actually helps your case in any way?

Also domestic properties usually require no fire doors in this situation.

Seems again that you are clutching at straws and throwing about lot's of guesswork and personal opinions, this means squat to PD.

Think it is about time you start accepting answers given, rather than trying to waste everyone's time with your busybody attitude.

Sponsored Links
You have to understand what is at stake. If an applicant proves that his property is not anymore a block of flats and it is now a single dwelling house he gets permitted development rights. The planning department needs strong evidence before deciding that this property is now a single dwelling house and grant permitted development rights i.e. strong evidence that there has been a ‘Change of Use’ i.e. physical evidence. Otherwise its decision could be challenged in court and also a complaint could be made against it because he has properly processed this application.

If a single dwelling house is split into flats we add kitchens and bathrooms. If this block of flats is then amalgamated again into a single dwelling house we expect the reverse i.e. some kitchens and bathrooms are removed.

Building regulation B about fire safety because the lack of door in case a fire spreads and Building Regulation F about ventilation because the pollutant from the car which goes everywhere in the house. Maybe some new cars have clean exhaust but they should smell nevertheless a little bit petrol. Moreover not all cars are new. If there is no door between your garage and the living parts of your house it is like sleeping in your garage with at you side your car

1. What would it matter if he had permitted development rights?

2. There is nothing in any legislation prohibiting a single dwelling from having a number of kitchens and bathrooms.

3. maybe he is converting the garage to a habitable room.

It is important to get permitted development rights because with them no planning permission is necessary. For example if the owner of a property wants to insert windows with clear glasses at the rear of his property where there have never been any windows with clear glasses and he does not have permitted development rights he would have to ask for planning permission and the result will be either this will be refused or there will a planning condition attached to the planning permission which says that the new windows would have to have frosted glasses to prevent overlooking. However if he has permitted development he will do what he wants. He will be able to insert new windows with clear glasses and not with frosted glasses

In the website of the planning department it is stated that the planning department will resist the amalgamation of a block of flats into a single dwelling house if this brings about the loss of more than five units. However if no fixtures like kitchen or bathroom has been removed how a unit could have been lost?????

As I say in the beginning of this thread this garage is protected by a planning condition which says that it should be kept available for car parking at all time. Hence this neighbour cannot transform it into a habitable room

Sponsored Links
I really fail to grasp what you are trying to achieve, or what you think you are playing at?

You have been told directly by planning, and by several others here, that your interpretation of regulation does not effect PD rights.

You have failed to quote any regulation that prohibits garage spaces joined to living spaces.

You repeatedly parrot about fixtures not being removed, no regulation says they have to, which part of this sentence do you not understand?

Now you waffle about windows, nowt to do with anything you are talking about.

I have not time now to reply about your query about regulation I will do this late

However it remains that the issue of how can a unit be lost if nothing has been lost because no kitchens or bathrooms have been lost is very important

However it remains that the issue of how can a unit be lost if nothing has been lost because no kitchens or bathrooms have been lost is very important

My advice is to quote the regulation that says units have to be removed, or stop sticking your nose where it doesn't belong and wasting everyone's time.

What 'you' think should or should not be is not 'the regulations or law', can't see why you can't grasp this simple fact.

It will be helpful if you tell me which law deal with this issue

If it will not be necessary to remove any fixtures like bathroom and kitchen this will be too simplistic because this would mean that the owner of a block of flats would have only to evict all his tenants and say that only him leave in the building to claim that his property is now a single dwelling house and claim permitted development rights. And once the development has been made he can simply rent again the flats in his property.

It will be helpful if you tell me which law deal with this issue

:LOL:

I am telling you repeatedly there is no such law that says fixtures must be removed, do you speaka da English?

If it will not be necessary to remove any fixtures like bathroom and kitchen this will be too simplistic because this would mean that the owner of a block of flats would have only to evict all his tenants and say that only him leave in the building to claim that his property is now a single dwelling house and claim permitted development rights. And once the development has been made he can simply rent again the flats in his property.

Yes?

Unless law or regulation says otherwise, this is possible, though not likely as 'simple' as you describe. If he was to rent the flats individually without planning that would be an issue, but unless you have reason to believe that is happening I don't understand what you think you are playing at here?

Go buy a house surrounded by fields, and buy those fields, if you want control of the land around you.

In a lawful development certificate application it is requested an ‘existing floor plan’ and a ‘proposed floor plan’. If there is no internal alterations would this mean that the ‘existing floor plan’ would be the same as the ‘proposed floor plan’

In a lawful development certificate application it is requested an ‘existing floor plan’ and a ‘proposed floor plan’. If there is no internal alterations would this mean that the ‘existing floor plan’ would be the same as the ‘proposed floor plan’

Do you not tire of asking the same question in many different ways, how many times do you want the same answer?

Go buy a house surrounded by fields, and buy those fields, if you want control of the land around you.

He'd only come complaining that the moles next door had erected a mountain, without planning permission, and were looking to convert it into a block of flats

Without wishing to curtail the rights of others to free expression, please consider withholding the provision of further oxygen to this inane thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back