Transformation of a block of flats into a single dwelling ho

I found out that flats and houses all have the same ‘use classes’ “C3 dwellinghouse” in this case there should not be ‘change of use’ if a house is split into flats so why it is necessary to ask for planning permission to split a house into flats?

No. Flats and dwelling houses are in different use-classes.

Dwelling houses are C3, and this includes HMOs up to 6 persons, but not flats, which are in a class of their own.

The distinction is important because the C3 class has pemitted development rights, while flats don't.

Sponsored Links
You are quoting the old rules

Now houses and flats are C3 and are separate from HMOs which are C4. It is why I sent my last post because I am confused

BAS is [Auction] you? BAS BAS

Unlikely - for BAS to have done such an expert and involved job of responding to Auction in a past thread, I would seriously worry for his mental state if they turned out to be the same person

Sponsored Links
You have not replied to my query about the fact that houses and flats have the same ‘Use Class’ C dwellinghouses. I wondering if you and I have really understood about what we are talking

I have looked in the report from the planning department and it is stated in it that the decision that this property was a single dwelling house was taken at ‘the balance of probability’. Hence a block of flat which has a bathroom, a kitchen removed or the wall between two flats put down will be more likely to have been transformed into a single dwelling house.
As a question of common sense I would say that the probability that a block of flats has been transformed into a single dwelling house if there has not been any physical internal alterations is zero.

the probability that a block of flats has been transformed into a single dwelling house if there has not been any physical internal alterations is zero.
The probability that anyone is still interested in this thread is also zero.

The fact that you are being vague about your reasons for being interested in this planning issue makes for a very dull thread. Many of your questions have been answered or you protests rebuffed. Just sign off and get on with YOUR own life.

As a question of common sense

Everyone's idea of what is common sense is different, hence we have laws.

Quote regulations, your opinion that fixtures should be removed is just that, opinion.

You are just wasting your own and others time if you can't grasp the fact that you need to concentrate on laws and regulations, not 'I think' and 'common sense' or 'the English language'.

If you can't find laws or regulations that back up your argument (which you can't seem to), then that should be your answer.

Accept it.

You have not replied to my query about the fact that houses and flats have the same ‘Use Class’ C dwellinghouses..

Yes indeed, terrible customer service. You can apply for a full refund of everything you've ever paid us here

Yes indeed, terrible customer service. You can apply for a full refund of everything you've ever paid us here

Hang on, I haven't submitted my invoice yet.

I assume Auction read our standard contract terms when he engaged our servies as consultants.

Cheers
Richard

I asked you again this question because it is a challenging question so an interesting one and you will further yourself by trying to reply to it

You are all of you better than a consultant a lot more friendly and funny than a consultant could be

I like the way this appears in the list of forum topics as

"Transformation of a block of flats into a single dwelling ho"

Cheers
Richard

It's the alley between the front main support pillars that you like the most, I'm sure..

I'm not so sure I like single dwelling hoes to be formerly flat myself, but would I go for one that had been transformed with a couple of extensions? Hmm. Maybe to the rear, but not at the front

Do you think that a block of 10 flats or maybe 100 flats will become a single dwelling house only because we have evicted all the tenants except one.

There is also the issue of what the word 'amalgamate' means when we says amalgamate a block of flats into a single dwelling house

Do you think that a block of 10 flats or maybe 100 flats will become a single dwelling house only because we have evicted all the tenants except one.

I couldn't care less.Tell us why you mind, how this affects you and who the ho is, or we're not going to play with you any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back